my new Raptor SD 54

Kremeneon

Threads
Sounds good Kremeneon. Someone pointed out that the tank goes a little further down than the window shows. I believe I am gettting about the same as yours when all things are considered.
My observation is when I hit the bottom of the window, then lift the seat, the level is right at about 50% of tank height. The tanks are kinda bulbous at the ends and contoured along the bottom so I wouldn't equate that exactly with fill percent, but there is plenty of fuel left visually.

Have you noticed any issues with tire lines, or cut lines? I lowered the deck a tad, and noticed some pretty deep "tracks".

Looks to me like you have some soft grass that takes a set easily, or soft loam. I don't get tire marks that 'strong'. You might also check your deck for left/right level.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
Sorry djdicetn, it appears I missed your response. Here are the answers to your questions...

Kawasaki, 24HP, FR691V and 3 gallon tank.

Sooooo, has the fuel economy improved any?? It seems with that Kawa you should get twice as much cutting off of one tank(closer to 3 hours). If not, you may want to have your dealer take a look at it!!

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
In very excited to have my new raptor SD 54. I have only done one cut so far... 1.25 acres. Had a blast. But after a very fully tank of fuel, there is now only about 1/2 inch that I can see in the fuel window.

Is that considered efficient? The yard didn't really need cut. So it wasn't over worked in any way.

P.S.

I notice in your original post you are basing the fuel consumption on what you see in the "fuel window"(I really HATE those...had one on my old Craftsman lawn tractor and it was "impossible" to tell how much gas was actually in the tank:0(

What you should do is fill it lippin full, have another gas can with another 3-5 gals of gas ready, write down the hours from the meter and then mow until you "run out of gas". Fill it back up and subtract the original meter reading from the current hours on the meter and see exactly how many hours/minutes the tank of gas yielded. I'll bet it will be very close to 3 hours.....and then do like I did on my old Craftsman and just fill it up each time you mow(I hate running out of gas in the middle of mowing my yard, because I can't tell how much is in the tank:0)

Kremeneon

Threads
.....and then do like I did on my old Craftsman and just fill it up each time you mow(I hate running out of gas in the middle of mowing my yard, because I can't tell how much is in the tank:0)

I'd love to have a little pint or two reserve tank-in-a-tank, like motorcycles do.

chemingthroughtheleather

Threads
If you think about it,3 hours on a mower is a good stopping point....time for a beer and get the "honey do" list.:rolleyes: