my new Raptor SD 54

JPR

Threads
In very excited to have my new raptor SD 54. I have only done one cut so far... 1.25 acres. Had a blast. But after a very fully tank of fuel, there is now only about 1/2 inch that I can see in the fuel window.

Is that considered efficient? The yard didn't really need cut. So it wasn't over worked in any way.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Efficiency is measured by your ability to make the job faster. Can you do better? How? Will it affect the quality of the job? That's what makes it efficient

JPR

Threads
Efficiency is measured by your ability to make the job faster. Can you do better? How? Will it affect the quality of the job? That's what makes it efficient

M my question was specifically regarding fuel efficiency. Do you think it is normal to go through almost the entire tank in 1 hour and 25 minutes?

I researched this mower quite a bit prior to purchasing. Most, if not all reviews, tout the fuel efficiency.

MRCo.

Threads
Keep in mind that the fuel tank sits a ways lower than the gauge window. Lift the seat and see how much is left.

chemingthroughtheleather

Threads
I have had the same thoughts but my technique is probably very inefficient.I have almost lost it a couple of times trying to get around trees,until I get my chops I'm giving trees a wide birth.This is my first experience with a Z mower,I'm intimidated a little about the power/speed this machine can muster.

Kremeneon

Threads
I agree, the fender cutout to see the fuel tank is about worthless. lift the seat.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
M my question was specifically regarding fuel efficiency. Do you think it is normal to go through almost the entire tank in 1 hour and 25 minutes?

I researched this mower quite a bit prior to purchasing. Most, if not all reviews, tout the fuel efficiency.

What engine do you have???? For comparison, I have a 22hp Kawasaki FX691V on my 52" Gravely Pro-Turn 100XDZ and I average 5 hours of mowing per 4.5 gallon tank which is a little over an hour per gallon. I consider that fairly decent "mileage" but have never really tracked my lawn mower gas consumption with any of the other mowers I have owned. On that note.....an entire tank(how many gallons does the tank hold) in 1.5 hours does seem like really bad performance:0(

JPR

Threads
What engine do you have???? For comparison, I have a 22hp Kawasaki FX691V on my 52" Gravely Pro-Turn 100XDZ and I average 5 hours of mowing per 4.5 gallon tank which is a little over an hour per gallon. I consider that fairly decent "mileage" but have never really tracked my lawn mower gas consumption with any of the other mowers I have owned. On that note.....an entire tank(how many gallons does the tank hold) in 1.5 hours does seem like really bad performance:0(

Sorry djdicetn, it appears I missed your response. Here are the answers to your questions...

Kawasaki, 24HP, FR691V and 3 gallon tank.

Kremeneon

Threads
The consumption on my RSD54 seems to be right at about 1gph.

JPR

Threads
The consumption on my RSD54 seems to be right at about 1gph.

Sounds good Kremeneon. Someone pointed out that the tank goes a little further down than the window shows. I believe I am gettting about the same as yours when all things are considered.

Have you noticed any issues with tire lines, or cut lines? I lowered the deck a tad, and noticed some pretty deep "tracks".

20140613_194543_resized.jpg 20140613_194553_resized.jpg