Mulching blades?

Rickcin

Threads
I‘ve been using mulching blades on my Cub Cadel 42 inch along with the discharge plug and it always leaves lines of cut grass if cutting the lawn when it’s even slightly high.

Im wondering if the mulching blades with a side discharge would give better results, had anyone done this before? I do under the mulching plug allows the cut grass to be tossed around and recut.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I‘ve been using mulching blades on my Cub Cadel 42 inch along with the discharge plug and it always leaves lines of cut grass if cutting the lawn when it’s even slightly high.

Im wondering if the mulching blades with a side discharge would give better results, had anyone done this before? I do under the mulching plug allows the cut grass to be tossed around and recut.
What are you calling mulching blades?
Are they wavy or are they Gator style blades?

Rickcin

Threads
What are you calling mulching blades?
Are they wavy or are they Gator style blades?
Ironically, I just checked my order on Amazon and they are called Gator blades!

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Ironically, I just checked my order on Amazon and they are called Gator blades!
There’s the problem. Gator and Gator style blades are designed to be used for side discharge or bagging.
Oregon clearly states this on their website.

Rickcin

Threads
There’s the problem. Gator and Gator style blades are designed to be used for side discharge or bagging.
Oregon clearly states this on their website.
These are the blades that are listed as Gator Mulching Blades.

Attachments

• IMG_1619.jpeg
    IMG_1619.jpeg
    485.7 KB · Views: 27

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
These are the blades that are listed as Gator Mulching Blades.
It doesn’t matter what they are listed as. They are designed for bagging and side discharge.

Attachments

• 65A1A8C9-9786-4494-BADA-0FFC8A8BA8AB.jpeg
    65A1A8C9-9786-4494-BADA-0FFC8A8BA8AB.jpeg
    397.1 KB · Views: 23

Rickcin

Threads
It doesn’t matter what they are listed as. They are designed for bagging and side discharge.
Okay, so claim it works well for both, I guess I’m better off just removing the plug and re-installing the side discharge flap then.

bullet bob

Threads

bodean

Threads
I have the same blades as these on my zero turn and mine has always left cut lines regardless whether a discharge plug is used or not. It came with regular straight blades and it still did it with those, too. I’ve double checked the level and cut height of both the blades and the deck. It has always been this way since new. Same on my previous 3 blade lawn tractor, but not on a previous 2 blade lawn tractor.