Mojack?? or alternative

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Again it is not about spending the money.

The right tool for the job is the tool that works best for you to do the job the most efficient way.

Some guys use a walk behind edger and some use a stick edger some use a trimmer. What one is the right tool?

Some use a mower lift some use a cherry picker some use a engine hoist. Heck I remember in a thread last year about a guy pushed his mower off his truck onto saw horses.

Man it comes down to everyone has their way of doing things.
I don't adjust valves the way the book says to do it but the out come is the same.

It's not about money? Like I said if you're going to spend 5K what's another $99 to $200 for a tool/ lift designed to do the job safely. I agree some guys use a walk behind edger and some use a stick edger some use a trimmer and the right or correct tool would depend on the job being done. I remember that thread last year about a guy pushed his mower off his truck onto 2x6s on saw horses and he was an idiot and an accident looking to happen. What it comes down to is the fact that everyone thinks they have a better way and knows more about everything than the manufacturer.
The reality is it has everything to do with money because someone would rather spend twenty dollars on a come-along to do the job than a couple of hundred on a lift to do the job right and safely. Reynoldston made a comment that my tool box is bigger then his so he hopes that make you feel better and he would probably be wrong but the tools I have in my tool box are the correct tools for the job I'm doing at the present and 99.9% of the time using the right tool makes the job faster and 100% easier to do.

Last edited:

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I wouldnt use come along to raise a mower or work under it period. I'd be safer with the Mojack or HF version. Come along is made of that cheap airplane cable. If the cable diameter was 1/2in or 1in then I'll get under the mower when its raised with come along.

I'm with you, I wouldn't get under anything using a come-along to lift it. I've seen those things give and lose all tension in a hurry.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
What manufacturer says to use a mo-jack type lift to change the blades?

My reasoning for not getting a mower lift has nothing to do with how much it cost.
I will go borrow one and use it so I can give my honest opinion on it.
We really can not say what method is better then the other without trying them all.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Blocks/jackstands no matter what you use please... I've seen jackstands and blocks save a few lives. If you use a comealong I would find a secondary way to ensure safety. Same with mojack and jungle jack I don't really care how people do there stuff I think they should at least have safety in mind.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
What manufacturer says to use a mo-jack type lift to change the blades?

My reasoning for not getting a mower lift has nothing to do with how much it cost.
I will go borrow one and use it so I can give my honest opinion on it.
We really can not say what method is better then the other without trying them all.

No manufacturer says you have to use a Mo-jack type lift to change your blades and yes you can say what method is better because that's what they, (Mower Lifts) were designed for and are safer and the right tool for the job. Ya know you can use a pair of pliers to remove a nut and bolt but your better off with a specific size open end box end wrench because that's what it's designed for. Using the wrench instead of the pliers will leave the nut and bolt in-tacked not chewed up . There's any number of ways, short cuts and pushing the limits on things or equipment around doing jobs but when you have the right equipment available to do a job correctly and safely you should use it.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Like I said I don't have to prove anything. Have I got the right tools. Now let me see. I started buying tools around 1955. As of right now I have two upright tool boxes that are shoulder tall. One of them has the name Snap-on with the tools to match. This is how I made my living up till I am just giving it up now. Believe me you wouldn't make money without proper tools. I don't know where you bought your come-along from. If it was from harbor freight or China I can under stand why they are junk. I don't remember where I bought my come-along but it was made in USA and its many years old and works as good as the day I bought it. It has pulled many car engines to large 15 speed truck transmissions with it through the years. A good quality tool will last for many years if taken care of. Yes it has had the cable replaced but if you don't know this also there is different quality in cables. Next time you see a Snap-on truck stop and look in it and you will see a real tools look like. Just bring a wad of money because you will need it.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
No manufacturer says you have to use a Mo-jack type lift to change your blades and yes you can say what method is better because that's what they, (Mower Lifts) were designed for and are safer and the right tool for the job. Ya know you can use a pair of pliers to remove a nut and bolt but your better off with a specific size open end box end wrench because that's what it's designed for. Using the wrench instead of the pliers will leave the nut and bolt in-tacked not chewed up . There's any number of ways, short cuts and pushing the limits on things or equipment around doing jobs but when you have the right equipment available to do a job correctly and safely you should use it.

Oh now that you say it like this.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I was checking out some of the mower lift jacks. According to you, you could lift a house with them. Not true. They are rated from 150 to tops 500 lbs. Now my come-along is rated at 4000Lb. So why was is that the come-along is not safe?? Are you talking about China made junk that they sell at HF. You get what you pay for. Now I hope you are using some good lifting straps with your cheap HF come-along.

Threads
I think I will stick with the mojack I have tried everything else, and when I got it I dont know why I didnt buy it sooner. It was day, and night compared to ramps, blocks, and stands, etc. And yes I tried the come-along too it works but its slow.

Carheir

Threads
Here is the reply I got from Mojack when asked where the product is made.

Mike,
Our products are made in China, I hope this isn稚 too much of a deterrent for you because I can insure you it痴 a great product for what it is made to do. Our distribution headquarters is out of Wichita KS,
Please contact me with further questions
Thanks,

Nick Toben
Customer Service Supervisor, MoJack Distributors
3535 N. Rock Rd., Suite 300, Wichita, KS 67226
P:
D: 316-425-8187 Ext. 340
Mower Lifts Hand Trucks Lawn Mower Jacks - MoJack-The MoJack
Nick.Toben@themojack.com
<image001.jpg>