Repairs Model 10313 Carburetor question

rover_nut

Forum Newbie
Threads
Ok, well. this year it's running for a bit then dying.

I took it to the shop and they say on the ticket:
"Cleaned carb bowl and jet. Installed new air filter and plug. Unit runs better but has some sputtering. Will need a new carb to fix the problem."

Before I spend $80 on a new carb (unless someone knows a place to get it cheaper after shipping) I'm wondering if it's worth gambling the cost of a rebuild kit, about $17.
How well does a rebuild work on these, in general?

Thanks

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
When you mentioned last June 11th that the primer bulb was bad you didn't say that it had been fixed. Could that still be an issue?

I wouldn't blow $80 on a new carb until I had chased down several other possibilities.

Is there any dirt visible in gas tank?

Have you tried fresh gas?

Try giving the carb a good cleaning including all the small passageways (clean with compressed air if possible.)

I'll bet there's some problem with clogging, etc.

rover_nut

Forum Newbie
Threads
Actually in my first post, I removed the carb to replace the bulb.

But thanks for the suggestions. I'll clean the tank out well and try cleaning the carb. Meanwhile my wife wants to get the lawn mowed (it's already getting tall) so she wanted me to order a new carb so she could do that this weekend.
I'll install a fuel filter in the fuel line when installing the new carb and work on the old one, refit it and see how it does. If it runs well then maybe there will be a low hour carburetor posted for sale. lol