Making a checkerboard

bullet bob

Threads
Guys, as a homeowner, I mow 3 different patterns on my rectangular lawn, up & down, angle left to right, and angle right to left with a homemade stripping 'kit'. The resulting pattern looks pretty neat but I can't figure out how to make the turns at the end of each row. The only think I know to do is to zip along the outside edge when I'm done & 'clean up'. Is there a better way than what I'm doing?

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
Don't care for stripping but do different patterns to keep it from setting up a patterns. To me if you mow the same way every time it leaves tire tracks. Or darker green stripes where the tires run all the time.

bullet bob

Threads
Don't care for stripping but do different patterns to keep it from setting up a patterns. To me if you mow the same way every time it leaves tire tracks. Or darker green stripes where the tires run all the time.
Agreed. That's why I like to vary the pattern 3 different ways. Just haven't figured out how to make the turns at the ends nice & clean.......

bullet bob

Threads
So, is there such a thing as mowing twice in the same day, using a different pattern on the second pass?

Lawn Addict
Threads
So, is there such a thing as mowing twice in the same day, using a different pattern on the second pass?
Yes my neighbor does that. On 2nd pass in different direction he drops the cut by 1/4" as well for his final..
But he has plenty of time.

You can mow it different passes all day if ya want.

bullet bob

Threads
Ah, once every couple' of days is fine, even if I do have the time ;)