Export thread

Making a checkerboard

B

bullet bob

Guys, as a homeowner, I mow 3 different patterns on my rectangular lawn, up & down, angle left to right, and angle right to left with a homemade stripping 'kit'. The resulting pattern looks pretty neat but I can't figure out how to make the turns at the end of each row. The only think I know to do is to zip along the outside edge when I'm done & 'clean up'. Is there a better way than what I'm doing?

H

hlw49

Don't care for stripping but do different patterns to keep it from setting up a patterns. To me if you mow the same way every time it leaves tire tracks. Or darker green stripes where the tires run all the time.

B

bullet bob

Don't care for stripping but do different patterns to keep it from setting up a patterns. To me if you mow the same way every time it leaves tire tracks. Or darker green stripes where the tires run all the time.
Agreed. That's why I like to vary the pattern 3 different ways. Just haven't figured out how to make the turns at the ends nice & clean.......

Do all the striping first, then do a border cut last to "Frame" your work..

Tiger Small Engine

Tiger Small Engine

Do all the striping first, then do a border cut last to "Frame" your work..
Should be 4 different mowing patterns. Do three point aka Y turn at end of each pass.

B

bullet bob

So, is there such a thing as mowing twice in the same day, using a different pattern on the second pass?

So, is there such a thing as mowing twice in the same day, using a different pattern on the second pass?
Yes my neighbor does that. On 2nd pass in different direction he drops the cut by 1/4" as well for his final..
But he has plenty of time.

You can mow it different passes all day if ya want.

B

bullet bob

Ah, once every couple' of days is fine, even if I do have the time ;)

(y)