Blades Major trouble removing blades

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
djdicetn, Well that do beat all...Even the crafstman manual shows diagrams and instructions that all "jerks" should grease zerks. Only your high credibility allows me to belive this. So the zerks are "little white pills signifying everything, but doing nothing." Craftsman (or MTD) should have saved $ put into the zerks and put on an overtemp gauge so owners don't fry their engines. One flew over the cuckoo nest..... motoman

PS I won't miss tearing up my arm to reach the center zerk. Where's the grease going? :laughing:

motoman,
Well, the credibility is only as reliable as the "source" of my information:0)
As I understand it, the grease goes into the spindle housing(around the sealed bearings) and "just sits there". I agree, and really consider it a little "deceptive" as a marketing ploy rather than the industry just "coming out of the closet" and telling all customers grease zerks are no longer required/necessary.

Sweet Pea

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have two suggestions: 1. When other penetrating oils have failed I have had success in a similar situation using a Kano Labs product called Kroil - good stuff.
2. I have not used but have heard suggested that tack welding a longer (than the wrench) rigid piece of iron to the bolt will provide increased leverage to accomplish loosening the bolt.