Lowballers

Pumper54

Threads
Interesting reading here.
Couple of years ago I talked to a guy out of Dallas who had a mowing business and charged 21 bucks a yard. He was retired and had his son in law running the business with the first 200 bucks a week going to pay for the business and anything after that going to the SnL and crew. He said the ONLY reason he charged so little is he wanted to run the illegal alien crews out of the area. He made enough each week to pay off the equipment and pay a crew of U.S. citizens a pretty good money.
Down here the illegals will gang hit a yard with about 5-6 guys and knock a 1/4 acre yard out in about 15 minutes, cut (ZTMs), trim edges and blow and move on. But they don't clean off the equipment and have spread lawn diseases throughout whole subdivision.

You all have a great day
Tom

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
I do not Believe you.
just kidding

I get the same in my trailblazer.

Lol driving habbits are the best way to get mpg lol. I drove my old jeep for years averaged 22-25 the whole time. My wife wonders why she gets 15-18. I don't have the guts to tell her lol don't insult the woman's driving!

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
Interesting reading here.
Couple of years ago I talked to a guy out of Dallas who had a mowing business and charged 21 bucks a yard. He was retired and had his son in law running the business with the first 200 bucks a week going to pay for the business and anything after that going to the SnL and crew. He said the ONLY reason he charged so little is he wanted to run the illegal alien crews out of the area. He made enough each week to pay off the equipment and pay a crew of U.S. citizens a pretty good money.
Down here the illegals will gang hit a yard with about 5-6 guys and knock a 1/4 acre yard out in about 15 minutes, cut (ZTMs), trim edges and blow and move on. But they don't clean off the equipment and have spread lawn diseases throughout whole subdivision.

You all have a great day
Tom

Very interesting. It isn't how much you make, but how you spend it.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
... I average 18 pulling a trailer 20 not...

Yeah but what do you pull? You don't or can't have but 150lbs in mowers, I mean how much does a Honda mower weigh. :smile:

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I get 18 with my crew cab F-150. :smile:

Is that with a chevy pulling it or pushing it.

Sorry I had to.

My Mercury Mountaineer got 19
Engine went out at over 350,000 miles

My dodge on a good day might get 12

TaskForceLawnCare

Threads
I get around 30 mpg combined. Well if you count the chevy 2500 gasser averages 15 and the F350 diesel gets 15 mpg. Both with 18' trailers and 3 mowers.

We have the immigrant crews but they don't seem to do well in the area I operate in. Call it what you want but the customers in my area prefer English speaking crews. To my customers anyway they are more concerned about image and they'll pay for a clean cut well dressed nice trucks out front with clean equipment.

gfp55

Threads
So whats the latest news with the lowballers? Are there any still around? Any more or less in your area? Have they raised their prices, or have they dropped off the map?

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
So whats the latest news with the lowballers? Are there any still around? Any more or less in your area? Have they raised their prices, or have they dropped off the map?

They kinda don't come and mow. You know, charge next to nothing and mow just a few times to make some money. Around here it is a price for a full season. So, if they come and mow every 2-3 weeks instead of each week, the can pocket the money.