looking for a zero turn 3.27 acres

robert

Threads
It just seems silly to me to put forth the notion that if one must purchase one machine only the zt, any zt-is the best choice for the size property mentioned.

I will continue to maintain that the mowing speed difference between a fast zt and the average GT/CUT is insignificant even when considering a three acre parcel.

If comfort is important to anyone that simply has to have a zt then the best suggestion I can give is to demo a Ferris with full suspension, in a word the machine is- amazing-.

173abn

Threads
Well Robert I'll maintain that it cut my mowing time dramatically.It might not make much differance if you don't have a lot of trees or other obstacles to mow around but it sure makes a differance if you do.Even using my little JD111 takes more time than using my ZTR....russ

robert

Threads
russ, well lets end it with this question; you must choose one machine only, no other, which can be used on your property for the next five years which are you going with?

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I'll tell you what guys, why don't one of you just start a Poll and put it to a vote. Seems simple.:thumbsup:

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
I've mowed with almost every type mower made, and the ZTR is going to be the fastest & if you shop around, you can also get a spectacular cut with a fantastic Ride...

Even without any obstacles, you will have to make turns to mow an open 3 acres... Your turns on a ZT are more productive than any other type mower... :smile:KennyV

173abn

Threads
OK robert you got me on that one.If I only had the cash for one type I'd have to go w/the most versatile one for my money.Thats why and what I used when I bought my Yanmar CUT because I could use many attachtments w/it.But now that I 've got the money I bought my Z,glad that I did..russ

robert

Threads
russ, that would be my choice also-diesel of course. Many here are of the opinion that a zt is alot faster, my experience is the opposite; but I think we can all agree that a GT or cut offers much more with regard to getting varied tasks accomplished, with a three acre parce or any larger piece of property, l I believe it is by far the best choice and the choice which will return far more when and if it comes time to sell.

mikdugal1

Threads
How do you guys feel about the deere z465. I'm sure I mentioned I don't want a deere but seems pretty inexpensive for a john deere. And its a zero turn. 62" deck

Black Bart

Threads
How do you guys feel about the deere z465. I'm sure I mentioned I don't want a deere but seems pretty inexpensive for a john deere. And its a zero turn. 62" deck
For years I used a Grasshopper 725 with a 72 inch deck to mow my lawn but last spring I bought a new JD Z Track with a 54 inch deck and it will mow my lawn in less time than the GH could and it even looks better also.

The GH has a 12 foot wheelbase the JD has a 48 inch wheelbase it will get in and out of places the GH could not go.

The space needed to turn is just a fraction of the others that I have.
I have 2 JD tractors but I never mow with them they are soooooo yesterday.

I priced a new GH with a 52" deck it was $10.800.00 I got my JD for less than half that price.

The new Z Track is a very nice machine and it is priced right also.

I love my JD Z Track.

robert

Threads
Black Bart, how big is your property?