Looking for a problem free 42" Zero Turn Mower

GrumpyCat

Threads
Ford make cars that will barely survive to the end of their warranty period so while they are very cheap to buy they are very poor value
Guess I need to go outside and tell my out of warranty F-150 that it is time for it’s wheels to fall off.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If you get into the early history of Ford you will come across the test to destruction
So at Ford, the cars ran till the first major componant failed
If this was outside the warrant / advertised service life everything that did not fail was downgraded as that was considered a waste of resources .
Rolls ran their vehicles till the first major part failed then they made it stronger
And yes anything abused will fail eventually but the better designed & built will take a lot longer to fail .
My old mechanic got a Silver Dawn ( 1942) in with a broken axel at around 2,500,000 miles .
You are not supposed to tow behind one & this one had a big hitch as the owner was a carnival operator so they had towed their mobile home behind it since new .
RR sent a team out , & replaced the axel gratis on top of paying the garage for use of his workshop
The current owner was the grand daughter of the original purchaser .
According to the RROC over 90% of the companies output is still known to exist and of that over 75% are still running
The F-series are pretty tough, crude engineering with things like shimmed steering & suspension adjustment
We had an ex-police one that we used to tow the location vans with .
I find it amazing that people regularly post here asking " What is the best ride on that $ 2000 can buy ? " as if there was any sort of quality at that price
I have a Honda here I inherited from a customer that died
Brand new it was the same price as a Suzuki Swift ( small 2 seater car ) which was about 6 months wages back then.
He bought it after his mower was incinerated in the 1995 bushfires
Since then it has has nothing done to it other than normal service items , belts, blades , engine bits & one set of steering bushes
Red had a club foot so he used this mower as a disability scooter every day, towed a 6 x 4 car trailer behind it when he was doing gardening on top of mowing 10 acres with it
That is a quality mower
Try that with any sub $ 10,000 mower and the hydros would be dead within a year