Looking at a ZTR but have a sloped yard

Slater

Threads
Here is a web site that might help explain Gradient, Slope, Grade, Pitch, Rise Over Run Ratio Calculator
steved - you may very well have a 45 degree angle - I have not seen your lawn/yard - angle, slope, and pitch are all different.

Honestly those explanations don't do much until you actually go out and see slopes of differing severity in person. I can draw on a piece of paper and think I can mow 60 degrees by the look of it, but looks can be very deceiving, that's why physically measuring the slope is the only way.

CajunCub

Threads
IMHO...I have worked on ZTRs for years. Professional, Commercial, Home owner, they are not Cheap or clean cutting & will always be plagued with true tracking problems. I just don't like the ride quality and the block style decks are just not a finishing mower design. They should be called Z-brush-hogs...They tear up grass when you turn, and suck gas like it's FREE! Get you a good Lawn Tractor, you'll save money and your back. Your garage will have more room in it too!:biggrin:

Jim Lahey

Threads
Thanks everyone for their input. I have this bucket of bolts being delivered on Monday :p

SS5000_500.jpg

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
GREAT ! :thumbsup:
I hope you enjoy it and it does everything you expect ! :biggrin:

Jim Lahey

Threads
Thanks BKB. I actually spoke with the Ventrac rep today and its really more than I need, and certainly more than I want to spend. HELL of a machine tho. You must have a blast with yours....

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
Nice looking machine!

Hope you go "broom, broom, broom" whilst mowing (and having fun) in that skidsteer-like control layout.

Muhammad

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
For those of you that have steep slopes, you can measure the slope with a tilt meter. We sell them on TBN here: Safety

I believe Ventrac tractors come with tilt meters as standard equipment.

The manufacturer of the tilt meters we sell just came out with a new model for ZTRs with a display that you can see even if it's mounted by your feet (typically the only place to mouth a tilt meter on a ZTR).

Let me know if any of you want to order one of the ZTR model tilt meters and I can get you a discount. I believe the retail is $39.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Thanks everyone for their input. I have this bucket of bolts being delivered on Monday :p

Post back with your impression after a few hours mowing...
I think you are going to LOVE it... Watch out for bugs while you are smiling, while mowing... :smile:KennyV

Jetblast

Threads
Wait, is this the real reason you picked the Toro? Well played, sir!

Turd Cutter.jpg