Living with family members

Smartaleck

Threads
I think someone here hit it spot on. Why does he want to move in with you? Why doesn't he stay where he is now? We lived with my parents briefly when we were first married and it was horrible for both sides because you get in each others way. Not to be done except if there is no alternative!

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
That's just it--most of the time we DON'T agree.....:laughing:

I know - I got lucky to have a partner that agrees with me most of the time ! :biggrin: :thumbsup:

We only have one bank account and it is OUR money - as long as there is enough to pay all the bills FIRST - we can spend what we want (within reason) and discuss BIG expenses first.

Slater

Threads
That's just it - most of the time we agree - if not, it's not an argument, it's a calm discussion.
If it starts to get heated at all (usually not) we stop and walk away until it can be calm. :thumbsup:

A little argument never hurt anybody :wink:, but I would have to agree with you. My wife and I have never really had a heated argument at all, we definitely do the "stop and walk away until it can be calm" type of thing. Not that it is necessarily better, brooding is never good either, but that is just the way our personalities handle things :biggrin:

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I know - I got lucky to have a partner that agrees with me most of the time ! :biggrin: :thumbsup:

We only have one bank account and it is OUR money - as long as there is enough to pay all the bills FIRST - we can spend what we want (within reason) and discuss BIG expenses first.

Her money is HER money, my money is HER money too.....:laughing:

Slater

Threads
I think someone here hit it spot on. Why does he want to move in with you? Why doesn't he stay where he is now? We lived with my parents briefly when we were first married and it was horrible for both sides because you get in each others way. Not to be done except if there is no alternative!

Kind of like I posted before. It really depends on the family.
We lived with my Grandma and her sister for our first two years of marriage in college and loved it! We did have our own living area. Lived with my family during the summer and winter breaks, then lived with them for a year out of college. Here we just had our room. (Mom, dad, younger brother and sister) In OUR case it worked great! We saved money while working and were able to find the right house for us rather than rushing out to find something. I love my family, my wife likes our family, we would have been great living with her family as well. Would it have been nice to be on our own at that time? YES, but it was a great experience none the less. We are lucky to have families like that, so I just want to point out not all families are the same. You have to look at your situation and see if it is right for you. :biggrin:

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
Her money is HER money, my money is HER money too.....:laughing:

Then SHE has got you some nice stuff -- Go thank Her ! :laughing: :biggrin: :thumbsup:

pollyannasmum

Threads
Kind of like I posted before. It really depends on the family.
We lived with my Grandma and her sister for our first two years of marriage in college and loved it! We did have our own living area. Lived with my family during the summer and winter breaks, then lived with them for a year out of college. Here we just had our room. (Mom, dad, younger brother and sister) In OUR case it worked great! We saved money while working and were able to find the right house for us rather than rushing out to find something. I love my family, my wife likes our family, we would have been great living with her family as well. Would it have been nice to be on our own at that time? YES, but it was a great experience none the less. We are lucky to have families like that, so I just want to point out not all families are the same. You have to look at your situation and see if it is right for you. :biggrin:

In my experience, as long as you have a large enough home so that everyone can have their own space, you are OK but if you get in each other's way, especially where two women are involved, watch out!:eek:

Slater

Threads
In my experience, as long as you have a large enough home so that everyone can have their own space, you are OK but if you get in each other's way, especially where two women are involved, watch out!:eek:

I think that is generally correct, although at my parents we shared the bathroom with my brother and sister. Everyone had their own room, but its not like we had our own living space except for our room. Again we probably just get a long better than most families. :smile: