Liquid coming out of atv exhaust

Threads
We are getting over 14 in. here in upper NY. Myself I remove snow with a Wheel horse and snow blower on front. Also its time to get the snowmobile out for me and put away the ATVs. You must get a good amount of snow in Massachusetts. You must give that 160 a good work out.

Over a foot!! Lucky! I'm so jealous! I remember 2 years ago when we got 20 inches and then 3 days later another 21 inches. That was awesome!! I want a couple big storms with over a foot of snow this year! :thumbsup: Unlike last year--we hardly got any! We got some snow at the end of October so we thought it was going to be a bad winter, but it was anything but!

metz12

Threads
We are getting over 14 in. here in upper NY. Myself I remove snow with a Wheel horse and snow blower on front. Also its time to get the snowmobile out for me and put away the ATVs. You must get a good amount of snow in Massachusetts. You must give that 160 a good work out.

whew, 14"! thats a good amount for sure. I would love to have a snow blower front end. it sounds like a good investment.

D2hornets58

Threads

Ya not this storm but we usually get a good amount. Haha ya i definatly work the atv more then I should haha. My friend has a snowblower on the front of his JD lawn tractor so that takes some of the wok off of my 160. Snow mobiliing looks very fun but ive never gone.Do you have any good trails near you?

D2hornets58

Threads
Ya 14 inches would be great. This winter is starting to look like last year. Im hoping this turns around soon and becomes a snowy year. Snowing here now. A good coating on everything but looks like it supposed to turn to rain very soon.

D2hornets58

Threads
OK so i just looked and the very top of the oil is white but the rest is the normal color of oil. I just changed the oil like 2 weeks ago and haven't ridden it since. I have just started it every couple days and let it idle for a few mins. So should i change the oil again? Is the white that i am seeing at the top water or not? It isn't mixed with the oil its like on top of the oil so i don't know what it is. I might be getting some snow this weekend so i want to have it ready to go. Thanks for the help.

chance123

Threads
The reason we should always heat an engine up before changing the oil is that after running an engine, all the contaminents get suspended in the oil and drain "with" the oil

D2hornets58

Threads
The reason we should always heat an engine up before changing the oil is that after running an engine, all the contaminents get suspended in the oil and drain "with" the oil
Ya before i changed the oil I let the engine run for a little while and warmed it up.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
very top of the oil is white

Ok you have water in the oil. There has to be a reason for this to happen? Do you leave the oil fill cover off and it rains in the engine? The water has to be getting in there from some where? Because you said you don't run it in deep water. This is a sealed air cooled engine so the water has to be getting in there from a external source. And get fresh oil and filter in that engine. Not only can you do damage to the engine but your clutches run in this oil also and they don't like water.

D2hornets58

Threads
very top of the oil is white

Ok you have water in the oil. There has to be a reason for this to happen? Do you leave the oil fill cover off and it rains in the engine? The water has to be getting in there from some where? Because you said you don't run it in deep water. This is a sealed air cooled engine so the water has to be getting in there from a external source. And get fresh oil and filter in that engine. Not only can you do damage to the engine but your clutches run in this oil also and they don't like water.

I have no idea how water could have gotten in there. Like I said i haven't gone through any deep water. Is there any way it could have gotten in by condensation on the outside of the engine. Is there any where that the water could have gone in. Last week when it was raining the outside of the engine was wet from condensation. Thats the only thing I can think of.
Thanks

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
It your machine and you have to know where the water come from, yes it could be condensation. I would have no idea how you use or store your ATV. White oil is from a lot of moisture. Now when you say white oil you are seeing through the small window that you check your oil level with? Do you get a lot of white thick goo on the oil fill plug? These are the only two spots that I can think of to see your oil unless you are taking things apart. Like I said this ATV is made to go in water and mud so this engine is sealed up and all vents and air intakes are high and come out above the gas tank.