Lifetime Deck Warranty

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
In my case with the 6 Stens JD spindles the failure are assembly problems. First couple were assembled with a too thin of a shim washer. The last four were the M20 pulley adaptor nut not being countersinked so even the torque valve are correct the pulley adapter is still too loose and wear both the adapter and the spindle shaft to a point where things just spindle instead turning the blade.

GrumpyCat

Threads
I can't believe you would stick with Husqvarna and ACE Hardware after getting stiffed the first time.

Forest#2

Threads
ILENGINE says: (about grease serts on spindle housings.

For the most part it is a feel good measure.

I suspected such also to make the owner/operator feel good that they are really doing the lube maintenance procedure and doing a lot of good saving their spindle bearings but are actually just wasting lots of grease.
It might keep the spindle housing itself little bit cooler when the bearing race seizes due to no grease inside and the whole bearing starts spinning in the housing generating friction heat before ruining the spindle housing few minutes later. I've seen lots of spindle housing completely full of grease but the bearings worn out and no grease inside the roller bearing.

If the spindle housing grease is intended to actually lube the bearings why not leave the inner bearing seal off???????????

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Because if they leave the inner bearing seal out with this style of bearing the grease can push the outer seal out of the bearing which causes even bigger issues. Just the wrong type of bearing for a greasable application

GrumpyCat

Threads
Some sources report some manufacturers are deleting the inner seals now so the zero grade fitting might do some good. “Sealed bearings” are not very well sealed from the harsh conditions of a mower deck.

I don’t think “more grease” is the solution when the problem is the current grease has been contaminated… because the little flimsy seal on the bearings isn’t that robust.

BudLight72

Threads
I just picked the mower upat Johnson's ACE Hardware, Wellford SC 29385
864 539-3485. They said that Husqvarna would not honor the lifetime deck warranty. This is the second deck failure. I owned a Murray for 14 years and a Ariens for 8 years with no issues cutting the same lawn . WTF.
I Purchased a TS 348 Lawn tractor new on 8-26-2019 with a lifetime mower deck warranty from Johnson's ACE Hardware,10409 E Greenville HWY, Wellford SC 29385,
Registered it that day with Husqvarna. Model 960430230 00, ser # 121917A001120.
The small protection moon shaped metal piece at mower deck ejection area broke loose in Nov 2020. The piece of metal wrapped up blades and severely damage mower deck. I was told by Husqvarna to take it to where I purchased it.
Ed at Husqvarna Warranty dept was contacted by Ace Hardware store and warranty repair was turned down.
I was stuck with a over $1,400 repair bill.

I dropped of the mower again 12 May 23 with exact same break in weld. I stopped before major damaged occurred. I can not believe that I am going to have to buy another deck within 4 years of purchase. I will pursue reimbursement...no luck last time. Beware of B.S. warranties.
First, I would recommend you contact Boiling Springs Small Engine Repair on Highway 9. They are a husqvarna dealer and may be willing to help, but I doubt it. Second, find out where Husqvarna US headquarters is located and file a formal complaint with the Better Business Bureau that covers that city. You can’t just file with any BBB, it has to be the one with jurisdiction over where the HQ is located. I considered Husqvarna when I bought my zero turn about three years ago but reviews were better on a Toro that I ended up buying. I bought a Weber grill from Johnson Ace Hardware. Seemed to be nice enough people.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
That why they should be using 6204-ZZ bearings instead of the 6204-2RS ones. Those can be greased with both shields in place.

GrumpyCat

Threads
That why they should be using 6204-ZZ bearings instead of the 6204-2RS ones. Those can be greased with both shields in place.
Because the ZZ has shields not seals. Shields are open not sealed. I do not believe shields will be better for the O.P. because the problem with caged ball bearings is not "needs grease" so much as "grease got out something else got in."

Forest#2

Threads
Star Tech:

Are you indicating that the internal housing spindle grease will migrate through the steel inner shield of the ZZ bearing and actually do some good????
I realize they are not true oil shielded bearings if constantly exposed to oil, but I suspected that grease probably would not get through the steel shield enough to do any good especially on the upper spindle bearing??????????
and it's easier to just pop out the plastic shield of the RS bearings for packing and re-install the shield. I can get the ZZ bearings for the same price as the RS so cost is not an issue.

Reason I ask is I had considered using the ZZ steel shield bearings and drill and small hole for the inner shield of both bearings so grease would get inside easier.

But when re-building decks now days I just pop out the plastic shield and pack the bearings and re-install and not waste grease that does no good inside the spindle housing???????????

What are your thoughts about such???????????

GrumpyCat

Threads
Yes, pop the seals out, wash the bearing, grease, reinstall the seals. Do not spin the bearing with your air hose, but it is a good thing to use compressed air to clean it out.