Lifetime Deck Warranty

Kenneth Brock

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just picked the mower upat Johnson's ACE Hardware, Wellford SC 29385
864 539-3485. They said that Husqvarna would not honor the lifetime deck warranty. This is the second deck failure. I owned a Murray for 14 years and a Ariens for 8 years with no issues cutting the same lawn . WTF.
I Purchased a TS 348 Lawn tractor new on 8-26-2019 with a lifetime mower deck warranty from Johnson's ACE Hardware,10409 E Greenville HWY, Wellford SC 29385,
Registered it that day with Husqvarna. Model 960430230 00, ser # 121917A001120.
The small protection moon shaped metal piece at mower deck ejection area broke loose in Nov 2020. The piece of metal wrapped up blades and severely damage mower deck. I was told by Husqvarna to take it to where I purchased it.
Ed at Husqvarna Warranty dept was contacted by Ace Hardware store and warranty repair was turned down.
I was stuck with a over $1,400 repair bill.

I dropped of the mower again 12 May 23 with exact same break in weld. I stopped before major damaged occurred. I can not believe that I am going to have to buy another deck within 4 years of purchase. I will pursue reimbursement...no luck last time. Beware of B.S. warranties.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
ITis an unfortunate sign of the times that Husqvarna is spending 10 x the money on advertising than it is on customer service.
From the day I started in this business I have been advising my customers not to buy any Husqvarna ride on or walk behind
While they are not as badly made or poorly designed as MTD products they are still badly made badly designed junk.
We get the both the Chinese & the USA made ones down here and the Chinese ones are substantially better made than the USA made ones .
Lifetime warranties are all BS with more holes in them than a sieve .
Rolls Royce & Honda are the only 2 companies that I know of who do actually offer a life time warranty that they honour and funny enough that warranty is reflected in the ticket price .
Sorry about your mower it hurts when you find out you you have been made a fool of .
Now if you are up for it, get a placard made up and a T-shirt warning people about the warranty and suggesting thye buy another brand from some where else and stand in front of the Ace shop all Saturday .
Be polite , call the local independent media and as many news bloggers as your kids can find for you .
With a bit of luck it will go viral and perhaps Husqvarna might just learn a lesson or at least give you a new deck
Direct actions do work particularly when they are on the web
Husqvarna spends so much money with main stream media there is very little chance that mainstream media will cover your protest
Also note is has to be done on the foot path ( sidewalk to some ) and not in the car park were you would be considered to be trespassing and can be charged .
I have organised dozens of these over the years and every one was a success .
However we have a government TV & Radio network so they can cover stories like this without fear of revenue backlash .

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
864 539-3485. They said that Husqvarna would not honor the lifetime deck warranty. This is the second deck failure. I owned a Murray for 14 years and a Ariens for 8 years with no issues cutting the same lawn . WTF.
I Purchased a TS 348 Lawn tractor new on 8-26-2019 with a lifetime mower deck warranty from Johnson's ACE Hardware,10409 E Greenville HWY, Wellford SC 29385,
The small protection moon shaped metal piece at mower deck ejection area broke loose in Nov 2020. The piece of metal wrapped up blades and severely damage mower deck. I was told by Husqvarna to take it to where I purchased it.
Ed at Husqvarna Warranty dept was contacted by Ace Hardware store and warranty repair was turned down.

I dropped of the mower again 12 May 23 with exact same break in weld. I stopped before major damaged occurred. I can not believe that I am going to have to buy another deck within 4 years of purchase. I will pursue reimbursement...no luck last time. Beware of B.S. warranties.
A new deck

I dropped off the mower again 12 May 23 with exact same break in weld. I stopped before major damaged occurred. I can not believe that I am going to have to buy another deck within 4 years of purchase. I will pursue reimbursement...no luck last time. Beware of B.S. warranties.
How can a deck repair bill be $1400? Why didn’t you just source a good used working deck? Read the fine print on warranties. Some manufacturers will find ways out of honoring warranty or pass the buck.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Bert hit the nail squarely on the head and I’ll add one more thing about Husqvarna. Many of the Craftsman tractors are built by Husqvarna, meaning you get the same quality with a different color hood. Buyer beware.

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have had good luck on these things writing to the Attorney General of the state, my sitting House of Representatives person, and my local state assembly person asking them all to investigate the manufacturer for consumer fraud. In this case because they sell Federally I might include the Chair of the FTC. CC the manufacturer's customer service with a copy. Can't tell you how many times someone suddenly contacts me and tells me it was a clerical mistake, and they will take care of it. You aren't complaining about the problem to them, you are complaining about mis-leading advertising that led you to buy it in the first place. Even if nothing comes of it directly, politicians get tired of getting problems like this so they pass laws stopping it as best they can, to prevent themselves from having to waste their time on things like mis-leading advertising claims.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
And this is what they are using to get around the lifetime warranty

Damage to cutting equipment by way of contact with rocks, sand or other objects, rust & corrosions, and natural discoloration of paint or other materials due to ultraviolet light are not covered.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Basically most warranties are not even worth the paper they are printed on. The only warranty that gets honored is my own warranty. Oh I take that back Stens did honor their one year warranty on the spindle I brought that fail with six of installation. I just can't buy any more from and going to try the Rotary version of the JD spindles.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Basically most warranties are not even worth the paper they are printed on. The only warranty that gets honored is my own warranty. Oh I take that back Stens did honor their one year warranty on the spindle I brought that fail with six of installation. I just can't buy any more from and going to try the Rotary version of the JD spindles.
That wouldn't happen to be the JD spindle that their instructions say to pump like 10 pumps of grease into the spindle prior to installation and then the bearings fail within a couple hours.

Forest#2

Threads
ILENGINE says:
their instructions say to pump like 10 pumps of grease into the spindle prior to installation and then the bearings fail within a couple hours.

Question: Why pump lots of grease into a spindle housing when the bearings have seals that prevent the grease from lubing the bearings???

Most of the new spindles I see and replacement bearings do not have any grease inside. For my own eq I pop out the bearing's seal and pack the bearings before I put MY eq to use.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
ILENGINE says:
their instructions say to pump like 10 pumps of grease into the spindle prior to installation and then the bearings fail within a couple hours.

Question: Why pump lots of grease into a spindle housing when the bearings have seals that prevent the grease from lubing the bearings???

Most of the new spindles I see and replacement bearings do not have any grease inside. For my own eq I pop out the bearing's seal and pack the bearings before I put MY eq to use.
For the most part it is a feel good measure. Really does nothing for the bearings, but in the case of the Stens JD spindle causes side loading on the bearings causing failure. If you grease them after installation they don't fail. But by their instructions the grease actually pushes the bearings out slightly and then when the pulley is installed it loads the bearings similar to having a bearing spacer that is too short.