Lawnboy 10345 Ser. 4900705

EdBrown

Threads
I recently purchased this LB off Craiglist for $25. Decent looking Self Propelled, 4 HP mower, Green Series.

I have to use starter fluid to start it. After it starts, it runs very good, and does not stop until I release the brake.
I cleaned carburetor, has a good air filter, and apparently getting gas very good. However, after it runs several minutes and I stop it, it just will not start again. If I wait a few minutes, and use starter fluid, it will again start and run good.
Any advice on what to do to make it start every time. Many thanks.

Phototone

Threads
You probably have leaky crankshaft seals on top and bottom. These can make it hard, or impossible to start. Replace these and I bet it will start like a champ. They are less than $2 from some online vendors, each.

Lawnboy used the same seal on all their engines from at least the 1960's to the end of the 2-cycle models.

EdBrown

Threads
Thanks for your response. I shall try and get this done, with the help of my son-in-law, and see if it wont roar back to life.
When it does run now, it runs very smooth, and I wanted to keep it. Many thanks again.