Export thread

Lawnboy 10345 Ser. 4900705

E

EdBrown

I recently purchased this LB off Craiglist for $25. Decent looking Self Propelled, 4 HP mower, Green Series.

I have to use starter fluid to start it. After it starts, it runs very good, and does not stop until I release the brake.
I cleaned carburetor, has a good air filter, and apparently getting gas very good. However, after it runs several minutes and I stop it, it just will not start again. If I wait a few minutes, and use starter fluid, it will again start and run good.
Any advice on what to do to make it start every time. Many thanks.

P

Phototone

You probably have leaky crankshaft seals on top and bottom. These can make it hard, or impossible to start. Replace these and I bet it will start like a champ. They are less than $2 from some online vendors, each.

Lawnboy used the same seal on all their engines from at least the 1960's to the end of the 2-cycle models.

E

EdBrown

Thanks for your response. I shall try and get this done, with the help of my son-in-law, and see if it wont roar back to life.
When it does run now, it runs very smooth, and I wanted to keep it. Many thanks again.