lawn mowing buisness

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Thats a good idea will those work with a baggier?

Why would you want to use a baggier, with gator blades there's very little left. If you bag you could lose up to 25% of the lawn fertilization needs.

boston

Threads
In the fall I need a bagger for the leaves

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
In the fall I need a bagger for the leaves

If you use the gator blades for bagging they'll reduce [FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]your grass clippings by up to 5O%.[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]If you use the gator blades for mowing leaves most of your leaves should be reduced to a powder, so bagging or vacuuming your lawns isn't necessary.

[/SIZE][/FONT]Look at your lawn as garden of grass plants and what do you do if you want your garden to grow, answer you feed it. Grass clippings left on the lawn will decompose and recycle nutrients back into the soil. Leaving the clippings on the lawn for a whole year is equal to about one annual fertilizer application. In addition, leaving the grass clippings on the lawn also helps shade the soil, keeping the roots cooler and reducing moisture loss and in the winter months it does just the opposite, it helps keeps roots from freezing.

boston

Threads
True but if there are excessive leaves then they really need to be bagged

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Get the blades mow in a circle when your done bag what is left It's really kinda easy

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

mowitall.cl

Threads
Yes use big tarp in back yard blow leaves on tarp thn fold and move all at once and unfold n blow off

jenkinsph

Threads
Why would you want to use a baggier, with gator blades there's very little left. If you bag you could lose up to 25% of the lawn fertilization needs.

I agree with Ric, bagging clippings and leaves to haul away depletes the soil of nutrients. If you reduce the leaves to a coarse powder consitentcy the lawn will benefit greatly from this. Visibly you won't see the leaves either.

I have a few customers who insist on hauling all the pine needles, grass clippings and such away. I have recommended mulching for the same reasons mentioned above. They pay me to haul the clippings away, I in turn process it and sell it back to them after a fashion.

mowitall.cl

Threads
Another option if u did not want to mulch is check on push blowers they will have anywhere from 1400-3500 cfm's your average back pack has 450-750 cfm's so u can see the obvious power difference and should reduce time x percentage of power up grade oh and ob gator blades they do good job but the customer is always right snd no matter what they say a yard that has been vaccumed looks much better than most n what u take away n nutrients charge them for putting them back n chemical or granual form n u make money on both ends remember its not whats right or wrong that will grow ur business its ur service quality and getting done what they want to pay for right or wrong ur a landscaper not a baby sitter lol

boston

Threads
Yea that's true and I have a push blower but a lot of the time we have very big properties and its easier and more productive to mow them up. The downside is that the bagger clogs when there are excessive leaves

mowitall.cl

Threads
Dont know how much its worth to u but a company i deal with called jrco makes a leaf attachment to attach ur oush blower to a comm walk or z turn now i have more blower power with more speed also a company named fabworks makes a back pack blower attach. That will mount it to z turn up front so u can b more productive wicked cheap less than 200 a little bean town humor i guess im n tennessee