lawn mowing buisness

boston

Threads
I'm 15 and i work with 1 other kid. We have about 20 customers in the area. We have 2 push mowers and a craftsman tractor. Everything has been great until the leaves started falling. We have a backpack leaf blower and a another regular one. It's been so hard for us to blow the leaves to the front. It can take hours and the professional landscapers do it in a matter of seconds. I need to know if I should use my leaf vac and how I can get the leaves done efficiently. Thanks for your help.

2stroked

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm 14 and have a lawn business that I do by my self. I have about 25 customers. I have a large backpack blower. I blow the leaves out, then bag the leaves using the bagger on my rider. I suggest you get a bagger that will go on your riding mower. The cheaper way is just to run over the leaves a whole lot until they are mulched up. If you want advice go to lawnsite.com. It has a ton of pros on it with good tips. My username is the same on there also.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hello & WELCOME to LMF...

What are you ultimately doing with leaves?
Why are you moving them from the back to the front? and once moved what do you do with them?
Do you ever bag with your mowers? Just running them through the mower will reduce their volume... :smile:KennyV

Parkmower

Threads
I recommend getting a large tarp. Blowing as many leaves onto the tarp without too much spillage. Fold the tarp around the leaves and tow it to the front by tying the tarp to your lawn tractor.

boston

Threads
I have used the lawnmowerr many times to pick up the leaves but sometimes the lawn doesn't even need to be mowed. And I see the landscapers do it very quickly with just leaf blowers

Bacon8r

Threads
Yea, I'm also 14 but have a small backpack blower, but still get a lot of people for the fall. What's the fastest way to bag the leafs into the paper bags that you set out on the street with the least amount of tools/ stuff? Thanks

boston

Threads
Probably just to mow them up then dump them in street

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I'm 15 and i work with 1 other kid. We have about 20 customers in the area. We have 2 push mowers and a craftsman tractor. Everything has been great until the leaves started falling. We have a backpack leaf blower and a another regular one. It's been so hard for us to blow the leaves to the front. It can take hours and the professional landscapers do it in a matter of seconds. I need to know if I should use my leaf vac and how I can get the leaves done efficiently. Thanks for your help.

[FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Boston look into a set of high lift Gator Mulching blades for your Tractor.The Gator high lift blades can reduce your clippings by up to 5O% and take care of the majority of your leaf problem. [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1] Leaves are reduced to a powder, so bagging or vacuuming is not required.[/SIZE][/FONT]

boston

Threads
Thats a good idea will those work with a baggier?