Lawn furniture

Twinkle

Threads
Just wondering what type of furniture you have out on your lawn. I would really like a swing seat but hubby isn't so keen. I suppose he is right in thinking that the unpredictable weather would make it difficult to keep it dry. (I would want something with fabric and padding!)

AndyMan

Threads
Our swing seat is on our back deck, and gets lots of use. I've been thinking of building a picnic table in the shade of some elms.

RobertBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
Just wondering what type of furniture you have out on your lawn. I would really like a swing seat but hubby isn't so keen

I have one that hangs from a live oak limb. It's made from pressure treated 4x4's and deck boards. I did not build it, but it has been there for over 6 years and I was sitting on it this morning. It collects leaves and acorns which accellorate the rot.
I imagine it is quite heavy and somewhat of a liability as someday it will fail if I don't remove it first. It has no pads but those could be obtained.
Sitting on the ground is not quite as relaxing as a swing but...your on the ground, not in the air:thumbsup:

rmancini

Threads
I have one that hangs from a live oak limb. It's made from pressure treated 4x4's and deck boards. I did not build it, but it has been there for over 6 years and I was sitting on it this morning. It collects leaves and acorns which accellorate the rot.
I imagine it is quite heavy and somewhat of a liability as someday it will fail if I don't remove it first. It has no pads but those could be obtained.
Sitting on the ground is not quite as relaxing as a swing but...your on the ground, not in the air:thumbsup:

I'm not sure that rot will ever be a problem since your swing is made from pressure treated lumber. I have a park type bench that converts into a picnic table. It's made from pressure treated 2 x 4s and has been outside for just shy of 10 years and hasn't degraded a bit. I just spray it with bleach & water mix every now and then to remove the moss / slime.
Rich

Twinkle

Threads
Crikey. I think I would be worried about swinging on something attached to a tree. (I would love a hammock but have held off for the same reason.) I am inspired to build a covered deck so I can finally have comfy seating outside.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Crikey. I think I would be worried about swinging on something attached to a tree.

Actually if you check your tree branches, and choose one with enough strength, so your attachment does not damage it, it should be quite safe... periodically inspect your rigging ... :smile:KennyV

lizard

Threads
In Australia they just hang a Tyre by a rope attached to a tree branch , they make great swings for Children.:eek:

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
In Australia they just hang a Tyre by a rope attached to a tree branch , they make great swings for Children.:eek:

Here also ... I think that may be world wide... :smile:KennyV

lizard

Threads
Here also ... I think that may be world wide... :smile:KennyV

We need a tractor tyre for us big kids Kenny.........wow what Fun.......Lol:thumbsup:

Manny

Threads
I've got a swing that I love in the yard, but I hardly use it because we take in the cushion every time so it doesn't get dirty, and then we are too lazy to take it back out just to sit on it. We usually just sit on a few resin chairs that are out there, and use the glass patio table quit a bit, especially when we are out there barbecuing.