Lawn Boy Owner Check-In --- Read This First!

Threads
I have a lawn boy gold series 10545. great mower

Fireman 123

Threads
denwayanderson said:
I have a lawn boy gold series 10545. great mower

I have it's cousin. The 10546. I agree, they are great mowers. I can't say enough about the 2 stroke lawn boys. If you take care of them, they'll last a long time. Plus they're simple to work on. All that and aluminum/mag decks; you can't go wrong :)

Lary1r

Forum Newbie
Threads
Re: Lawn Boy Owner Check-In

Hi everyone. I recently purchased a Lawn boy mdl 10545 Gold Series, electric start, self-propelled from Craigs list. It has some issues and I joined this forum to get answers on how to fix the problems.

Fireman 123

Threads
Lary1r said:
Hi everyone. I recently purchased a Lawn boy mdl 10545 Gold Series, electric start, self-propelled from Craigs list. It has some issues and I joined this forum to get answers on how to fix the problems.

What are they?

Gene123

Threads
Hello, everyone. I'm new to the forum (as of a couple of days ago). I'm retired, living in my home state of Texas. My father introduced me to Lawn Boys over fifty years ago. When I purchased my first home in the 1970's, I chose a Lawn Boy due to the fact that his was so dependable, light, easy to handle, ... and still running well. I've mowed my small lawn for 36 years with a model 5241 (1973) --- a 19" pusher bought used for $20 at a garage sale in 1976. This spring, it finally gave up. It's nearly outlasted me. :laughing: It's still got 95 lbs compression, but the coil died. I just got two non running model 5247's from the barn of an old buddy who passed away. One has 35 lbs compression, so it looks hopeless. The other has 105 lbs compression, and I'm pretty excited about it. I'll be reading the forum and posting a few questions as I try to get one of the 5247's humming again. It would be great if I could fix them both. I'll post a few photos later. Best regards, fellows.

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
... I've mowed my small lawn for 36 years with a model 5241 (1973) --- a 19" pusher bought used for $20 at a garage sale in 1976. ...

That's a 1970s Lawn-Boy for you. :thumbsup:

Ctype

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi,

Love my Lawn Boy. It's a Silver Pro model 10324. It's as cantankerous as a mower could ever be. Never thought of giving it a name, but 'Christine' would fit. Pretty much does it's own thing - only seems to start when it wants to. I'll be posting that problem is a few minutes.

Bill

mn.mike

Forum Newbie
Threads
Good Morning,

Model 8243AE (electric start), purchased in 2003 for $95 from a local handyman. Always starts, light, and fast.

Mike

vtalmadge

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi Everyone ... I have a 1997 Silver Series, Model 10302, 1 speed self propelled Lawn Boy with a 4 stroke Tecumseh engine. I bought it new and it's been a wonderful mower until recent drive problems, still working on it.
Back in the mid 80's, I bought a two stroke from a local nursery and believe it or not, it was red, white and blue. There wasn't one bit of Lawn Boy green on this mower. I had it several years, paid $100 for it and wish I would have kept it. I do believe it was one of kind model.

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
Back in the mid 80's, I bought a two stroke from a local nursery and believe it or not, it was red, white and blue. There wasn't one bit of Lawn Boy green on this mower. I had it several years, paid $100 for it and wish I would have kept it. I do believe it was one of kind model.

A lot, if not most, of the early Lawn-Boys weren't green. I'm sure some other members in this forum that know more about this than I do (so correct me if needed), but I think the green color was adopted by LB in the early 1970s.

I wish I had one of those red, white and blue Lawn-Boys. :cool: