Kohler Xt675 carb leaking out of the throat

juntjoo

Threads
Can't figure out why this carb is leaking. It's my newest one so everything looks new but it leaks from the front out of the main jet. The little rubber stopper valve is a soft rubber I think works against me blowing into it. Any ideas?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
More than likely the float needle is not sealing properly and allowing fuel to flow through the carb. I would be replacing the float needle and seat.

juntjoo

Threads
More than likely the float needle is not sealing properly and allowing fuel to flow through the carb. I would be replacing the float needle and seat.
Any other possibility? I can't see how that could be it if it's sealing perfectly against my lungs. The seat is just a brass piece. The needle looks perfect. I suppose maybe not and the difference is just so slight. I'll look for rebuild kits cuz I also need bowl gaskets.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I guess you haven’t read the items I posted for you in one of your other threads, about how carburetors work. If you always want to second guess any advice you are given and can’t do a little work on your own, there is much more I can do for you. I guess your motto is; I want exact answers and I want it NOW. Yes dear you are right, I’m going out to the shop.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Any other possibility? I can't see how that could be it if it's sealing perfectly against my lungs. The seat is just a brass piece. The needle looks perfect. I suppose maybe not and the difference is just so slight. I'll look for rebuild kits cuz I also need bowl gaskets.
Just it seems sealed, there no way you can judge a seeping leakage. This we use a pressure tester with a gauge. We pump it up to 7-10 psi and let it sit for 30 minutes. If sealed it will hold that pressure; otherwise it is leaking.

Beside I yet to someone that can pressurize a line to 7 psi using just their lungs.

juntjoo

Threads
Just it seems sealed, there no way you can judge a seeping leakage. This we use a pressure tester with a gauge. We pump it up to 7-10 psi and let it sit for 30 minutes. If sealed it will hold that pressure; otherwise it is leaking.

Beside I yet to someone that can pressurize a line to 7 psi using just their lungs.
One of these vac pumps work? If I lay the carb upside down so the bowl/valve sits in the seat and pump it up? I'll test the pump first on its own to make sure it's sealed

Attachments

• 20240329_155441.jpg
    20240329_155441.jpg
    388.5 KB · Views: 2

juntjoo

Threads
I guess you haven’t read the items I posted for you in one of your other threads, about how carburetors work. If you always want to second guess any advice you are given and can’t do a little work on your own, there is much more I can do for you. I guess your motto is; I want exact answers and I want it NOW. Yes dear you are right, I’m going out to the shop.
I don't recall you giving me any docs on this carb. We were talking about my trimmer no?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
That’s because you never took the time to look at any of them. If you would have, you would info on both 2-cycle and 4-cycle carbs. Second, do you know the difference between a pressure tester and vacuum tester? Spoiler, they are not interchangeable.

juntjoo

Threads
That’s because you never took the time to look at any of them. If you would have, you would info on both 2-cycle and 4-cycle carbs. Second, do you know the difference between a pressure tester and vacuum tester? Spoiler, they are not interchangeable.
You're so much smarter than me rivets. God bless you.

juntjoo

Threads
But it wouldn't work though in the same manner to test the pressure? It's only the same but in reverse.

How do you use a pressure tester anyway? Is it gauge you use with some compressed air or...

I don't have any. One thing I've been wanting for my lil shop for years is some compressed air. Many useful uses for it