Export thread

Kohler Xt675 carb leaking out of the throat

J

juntjoo

Can't figure out why this carb is leaking. It's my newest one so everything looks new but it leaks from the front out of the main jet. The little rubber stopper valve is a soft rubber I think works against me blowing into it. Any ideas?

R

Rivets

More than likely the float needle is not sealing properly and allowing fuel to flow through the carb. I would be replacing the float needle and seat.

J

juntjoo

More than likely the float needle is not sealing properly and allowing fuel to flow through the carb. I would be replacing the float needle and seat.
Any other possibility? I can't see how that could be it if it's sealing perfectly against my lungs. The seat is just a brass piece. The needle looks perfect. I suppose maybe not and the difference is just so slight. I'll look for rebuild kits cuz I also need bowl gaskets.

R

Rivets

I guess you haven’t read the items I posted for you in one of your other threads, about how carburetors work. If you always want to second guess any advice you are given and can’t do a little work on your own, there is much more I can do for you. I guess your motto is; I want exact answers and I want it NOW. Yes dear you are right, I’m going out to the shop.

StarTech

StarTech

Any other possibility? I can't see how that could be it if it's sealing perfectly against my lungs. The seat is just a brass piece. The needle looks perfect. I suppose maybe not and the difference is just so slight. I'll look for rebuild kits cuz I also need bowl gaskets.
Just it seems sealed, there no way you can judge a seeping leakage. This we use a pressure tester with a gauge. We pump it up to 7-10 psi and let it sit for 30 minutes. If sealed it will hold that pressure; otherwise it is leaking.

Beside I yet to someone that can pressurize a line to 7 psi using just their lungs.

J

juntjoo

Just it seems sealed, there no way you can judge a seeping leakage. This we use a pressure tester with a gauge. We pump it up to 7-10 psi and let it sit for 30 minutes. If sealed it will hold that pressure; otherwise it is leaking.

Beside I yet to someone that can pressurize a line to 7 psi using just their lungs.
One of these vac pumps work? If I lay the carb upside down so the bowl/valve sits in the seat and pump it up? I'll test the pump first on its own to make sure it's sealed

Attachments

J

juntjoo

I guess you haven’t read the items I posted for you in one of your other threads, about how carburetors work. If you always want to second guess any advice you are given and can’t do a little work on your own, there is much more I can do for you. I guess your motto is; I want exact answers and I want it NOW. Yes dear you are right, I’m going out to the shop.
I don't recall you giving me any docs on this carb. We were talking about my trimmer no?

R

Rivets

That’s because you never took the time to look at any of them. If you would have, you would info on both 2-cycle and 4-cycle carbs. Second, do you know the difference between a pressure tester and vacuum tester? Spoiler, they are not interchangeable.

J

juntjoo

That’s because you never took the time to look at any of them. If you would have, you would info on both 2-cycle and 4-cycle carbs. Second, do you know the difference between a pressure tester and vacuum tester? Spoiler, they are not interchangeable.
You're so much smarter than me rivets. God bless you.

J

juntjoo

But it wouldn't work though in the same manner to test the pressure? It's only the same but in reverse.

How do you use a pressure tester anyway? Is it gauge you use with some compressed air or...

I don't have any. One thing I've been wanting for my lil shop for years is some compressed air. Many useful uses for it

J

juntjoo

So take note of how the one on the right, my latest one with the proper linkage, has this different needle valve and spring. The one on the left is an older one that doesn't have the linkage but it doesn't leak BUT without the linkage I think it is causing the rich issues I was having with it. Maybe? Was real smokey and weak using FWD.

So this is this last carb that I bought:

And this is the kit for my Kohler:

Anyway, the different needle valves aren't interchangeable so if no one knows how to get a kit for this carb I want to get working I guess I'll just start over and get a new carb

Attachments

S

slomo

Amazon Chinese carb alert!!!!!!

J

juntjoo

What's going on here with this hand vac?

Is it supposed to leak as it does? I should be able to test the needle valve with it

B

bertsmobile1

Pul the carb off tip it upside down and it should hold 7 PSI .
And please stop watching brain dead idiots who have no idea how to use their tools on YT or set the volume on their camera, probably a go-pro inside the plastic weather case by the sounds of it .

J

juntjoo

Pul the carb off tip it upside down and it should hold 7 PSI .
And please stop watching brain dead idiots who have no idea how to use their tools on YT or set the volume on their camera, probably a go-pro inside the plastic weather case by the sounds of it .
Haha that was me!

J

juntjoo

To me it looks like both leaking and non-carbs hold air the same.

I struggled with the new line not holding the air 100% but I cut it out of vid. But it looked pretty clear both confirmed leaking and not-leaking carbs hold the vac pressure the same.

If there's nothing else it could possibly be I just need to either get another carb or a kit for this one which would be ideal but so far haven't found one. If anyone has a y ideas great otherwise I'll just throw on the older carb without th at top linkage and make a manuall choke switch somehow

J

juntjoo

So where do you guys get your carbs and/or rebuild kits/parts?

B

bertsmobile1

Farmer tech in China
CTS in China ( they sell via ebay if you ask them to list )
Made in China
Alibaba ( not Ali-direct )
Stens,
Rotary
Prime Line
I keep about 20 mower carbs in stock
I keep about 50 hand held carbs in stock