Kohler wiring problems

cambre

Threads
What in the world is a zenner diode??? I guess I am also not very smart with my wiring but still enjoy doing it. A diode just lets electric flow one direction if you need to know like a flapper valve.

Yes, what is a zenner diode reynoldston? You and bertsmobile1, motoman, ILENGINE, and others have been very helpful. bertsmobile1 is the only one that mentioned that I may have fried the modules. I was trying to find out if I did fry them. Two cost over $200 and I was trying to avoid having to buy them if I could find out if mine were still good. Any thoughts? Thanks for answering.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
One of the best ways that I use sometimes is take the coil to a dealer and they have a way to test them. I find the dealers around here do it for free but if it dose need a new coil I buy it from them. You can also go to the Kohler wed site and the have a section on how to test them for resistance with a meter but they should be tested hot as well as cold.

cambre

Threads
One of the best ways that I use sometimes is take the coil to a dealer and they have a way to test them. I find the dealers around here do it for free but if it dose need a new coil I buy it from them. You can also go to the Kohler wed site and the have a section on how to test them for resistance with a meter but they should be tested hot as well as cold.

Good to know reynoldston, I was wondering how to get it tested. I read the section on how to test a module. It said you had to have a special tester. It also said part of it could be tested with a multi meter so I'm trying to do that. I will take them to a dealer to make sure the test is done right. Thanks