Kawasaki FX730V

SYW

Forum Newbie
Threads
just replaced a Kaw FX730V after 1760 hrs. Good? Bad? Or about average engine life?

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads
just replaced a Kaw FX730V after 1760 hrs. Good? Bad? Or about average engine life?

It's rated for 1000 hours and you got 760 more. Doesn't sound bad to me.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads

The Kawasaki FX is there top of the line engine and has a three year warranty and can last thousands of hours. As far as I know there are no hour ratings on lawn mower engines. I mean really how can your have an hour rating when a business could use a machine and put a 1000 hours on it in a year. You see mowers like the Exmark or Z-Master with 3000hrs and the engines are still running good. I think it all depends on how well the engine has been maintained.

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads
The Kawasaki FX is there top of the line engine and has a three year warranty and can last thousands of hours. As far as I know there are no hour ratings on lawn mower engines. I mean really how can your have an hour rating when a business could use a machine and put a 1000 hours on it in a year. You see mowers like the Exmark or Z-Master with 3000hrs and the engines are still running good. I think it all depends on how well the engine has been maintained.

Just going by what I read on briggs&stratton web site. Fx series rated at 1000 hours, fs series rated at 500. Of course engines can last much longer if properly maintained, but my owners manual even says the engine is rated at 1000 hours. Kawasaki expands FS and FX Series engines | News | News and Features | Outdoor Power Equipment. There is the link. Not the one I read initially, but it is the same information.

Last edited:

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Just going by what I read on briggs&stratton web site. Fx series rated at 1000 hours, fs series rated at 500. Of course engines can last much longer if properly maintained, but my owners manual even says the engine is rated at 1000 hours. Kawasaki expands FS and FX Series engines | News | News and Features | Outdoor Power Equipment. There is the link. Not the one I read initially, but it is the same information.

Well to begin with that 1000 hr rating is for the FX and FS Series engines is for CARB Tier III and EPA Phase III emission standards not how long the motor will last. I just this morning got my GS back from the shop and it's running the FS 541V 15hp Kawasaki with 630 hours on it now and I still have a year left of the motor warranty. The Warranty is a 5yr 1200hr on the mower from Toro.

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads
Well to begin with that 1000 hr rating is for the FX and FS Series engines is for CARB Tier III and EPA Phase III emission standards not how long the motor will last. I just this morning got my GS back from the shop and it's running the FS 541V 15hp Kawasaki with 630 hours on it now and I still have a year left of the motor warranty. The Warranty is a 5yr 1200hr on the mower from Toro.

Never said the mower couldn't last longer than that, just said there was a rating on them. Companies produce thousands of those engines a year and some will go much longer some won't last as long. I just pointed out that there were ratings. I understand that commercial lawn care companies put several thousand hours on their machines, but I'm sure there are several that may not reach 1000 hours even properly maintained. Some commercial companies may be able to put that many hours on their mowers in half the time it takes others, meaning the mower is not parked and sitting as long. Sitting for long periods of time can be almost as hard on engines as constant use. I change the oil in my fx series engine every 50 hours, and keep the air filter clean and I'm guessing my engine will not see 1760 hours before it gives out, because it only gets used a couple of hours a week for five or six months a year.

Last edited:

SYW

Forum Newbie
Threads
I changed oil and filter every 50 hrs. But the mower is only 26 months old. I didnt try to get it covered under warrenty due to past experience of warrenty fine print.every 50
Never said the mower couldn't last longer than that, just said there was a rating on them. Companies produce thousands of those engines a year and some will go much longer some won't last as long. I just pointed out that there were ratings. I understand that commercial lawn care companies put several thousand hours on their machines, but I'm sure there are several that may not reach 1000 hours even properly maintained. Some commercial companies may be able to put that many hours on their mowers in half the time it takes others, meaning the mower is not parked and sitting as long. Sitting for long periods of time can be almost as hard on engines as constant use. I change the oil in my fx series engine every 50 hours, and keep the air filter clean and I'm guessing my engine will not see 1760 hours before it gives out, because it only gets used a couple of hours a week for five or six months a year.

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads
I changed oil and filter every 50 hrs. But the mower is only 26 months old. I didnt try to get it covered under warrenty due to past experience of warrenty fine print.every 50

Is there a warranty offered that will cover an engine past 1500 hours?

MRCo.

Threads
That's hardly a poor lifespan, but yes some engines get more. I just replaced a Honda on a Cub zero that had thrown a rod at 960 hours. Of course, if you don't try for the warranty you wont get it...why not try?

gregjo1948

Threads
With valves adjusted, oil/filter changes, and keeping clean around the cooling fins and fan; these engines will easily run 3000-4000 hours. Poor maitenence kills most of these engines prematurely. gregjo1948