Kawasaki fb460v

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
My two cents worth says it is a fuel issue. I recommend pulling the carb and giving it a good ultrasonic cleaning or 24 hour bath. When rebuilding replace the float needle and adjust the float level high or a little rich. That's what I would do if it came into the shop.

Threads
Ok guys thanks ill clean the carb it's soft already might as well does any body know the correct adjustment for the screw on the carb/what is the screw for any way I've found to adjustments for it online not sure which on to use and I thought it was a fuel/air mixture screw

Threads
Never mind so I guess it's 1 1/8 turns out than

Attachments

• image-1534871148.jpg
    image-1534871148.jpg
    247.5 KB · Views: 15

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Never mind so I guess it's 1 1/8 turns out than

When I clean a carb I count how many turns till its completely tight then I start there when I put it in. All mine are usually a turn and a half except my blower its 2.5 turns

Threads
What's weird is if I drain the bowl on the carb and than turn the fuel valve on and than shut it off it only lets a little fuel in the bowl and it starts easier but if u leave the valve one it's a pain to start I think it gets to to much fuel

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
What's weird is if I drain the bowl on the carb and than turn the fuel valve on and than shut it off it only lets a little fuel in the bowl and it starts easier but if u leave the valve one it's a pain to start I think it gets to to much fuel

Needs a kit. New seat and needle

Threads
Thanks ill go ahead an get it does any body know exactly what the igniter does on this engine I've read a couple things where people have Been in the same scenario and it was the igniter?

Threads
Alright everybody thanks for the help I pulled another carb off of a identical engine cleaned it and put it back on and still no better hours into the project I had a spare igniter I put it on and it fired right up I'm so happy I got this thing going thanks for all the help?