John Deere JA65 wont start, New Coil done

Lawnranger

Threads
I didn't see you mention what it took to get the clutch off. What did you finally do to remove the clutch???

thinkglad

Threads
It just took some time to get it off...surprisingly the crank has little rust on it if any. I still have not ordered the camshaft as of yet however.

thinkglad

Threads
This maybe better for you................

I'm wondering about the inner-play between the oil slinger and the "rod" that comes down from the top of the case, It seems to be connected to the carb linkage, however I have no idea of its pourpose and how or if it interacts with the slinger

DSCN2434.jpg

DSCN2435.jpg

Lawnranger

Threads
I'm wondering about the inner-play between the oil slinger and the "rod" that comes down from the top of the case, It seems to be connected to the carb linkage, however I have no idea of its pourpose and how or if it interacts with the slinger

DSCN2434.jpg

DSCN2435.jpg

That is part of the governor. Look at the oil pan and see where it attaches. You will need to line it up when you go back together.

thinkglad

Threads
I see the stops that the slinger rest on, the governor must line up in front of that, but I dont see specific spot for it. The good news I guess is that there is not too much movement in the governor so It shoult just fall into place one would think.