Engine John Deere backfires

vcswart5150

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a John Deere LA150 mower with 26 HP Briggs & Stratton V Tech twin engine. The problem I am having is the engine backfires when I try to start it using the choke, and without the choke, it just spins and never starts.

The key is in the keyway, carb is getting gas, getting good spark, battery is fully charged, gas is two weeks old.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have a John Deere LA150 mower with 26 HP Briggs & Stratton V Tech twin engine. The problem I am having is the engine backfires when I try to start it using the choke, and without the choke, it just spins and never starts.

The key is in the keyway, carb is getting gas, getting good spark, battery is fully charged, gas is two weeks old.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

With the choke off, can you spray starting fluid in the carb and start it? or does it backfire also.

Mikel1

Threads
Are you getting too much fuel?

vcswart5150

Forum Newbie
Threads
the mower is getting fuel,but I don' t know if it's too much or not

gainestruk

Threads
Check and make sure the choke butterfly closes all the way, when it backfires with choke on how long has engine been spinning ?
How many hours on engine ?

Mikel1

Threads
the mower is getting fuel,but I don' t know if it's too much or not

I would check oil level first. If it's normal then take out spark plugs, make sure they are dry. Reinstall spark plugs then try to start like you normally would. Now check spark plugs, slightly wet or really wet?