Export thread

John Deere backfires

V

vcswart5150

I have a John Deere LA150 mower with 26 HP Briggs & Stratton V Tech twin engine. The problem I am having is the engine backfires when I try to start it using the choke, and without the choke, it just spins and never starts.

The key is in the keyway, carb is getting gas, getting good spark, battery is fully charged, gas is two weeks old.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

S

shiftsuper175607

I have a John Deere LA150 mower with 26 HP Briggs & Stratton V Tech twin engine. The problem I am having is the engine backfires when I try to start it using the choke, and without the choke, it just spins and never starts.

The key is in the keyway, carb is getting gas, getting good spark, battery is fully charged, gas is two weeks old.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

With the choke off, can you spray starting fluid in the carb and start it? or does it backfire also.

V

vcswart5150

carb cleaner with no choke make it backfire also

M

Mikel1

Are you getting too much fuel?

V

vcswart5150

the mower is getting fuel,but I don' t know if it's too much or not

G

gainestruk

Check and make sure the choke butterfly closes all the way, when it backfires with choke on how long has engine been spinning ?
How many hours on engine ?

M

Mikel1

the mower is getting fuel,but I don' t know if it's too much or not

I would check oil level first. If it's normal then take out spark plugs, make sure they are dry. Reinstall spark plugs then try to start like you normally would. Now check spark plugs, slightly wet or really wet?