JD lt 133 w/ kohler cv13s

wantabe23

Threads
Low flow electric fuel pumps could work with the Kohler carbs if they are not mounted to close the the carb. 4lbs. is a bit high for most small engine carbs, as the floats can be too small to shut off that amount of pressure. I really don't like to use them unless I am at least four feet away. I also make sure that I install a new needle and seat to make sure I get a good seal. Simple test is to apply current to the pump and watch the carb air horn with out the engine running. If you see fuel entering the air horn, the seat is not sealing due to too much pressure. PS: The only time I have used electric fuel pumps with a small engine application is, generators and discharge pumps.

I am definitely having this problem, and defiantly don't like being so close to the exhaust! The pump is mounted about 3.5' away from the carb, and the regulator works on a 1.5 adjustment (i assume that corresponds with psi). Might look into that needle and seat, but it sounds like you were making sure everything was working properly, im not convinced that it will do anything, I think it might do the same thing. My neighbor (a vehicular mechanic) says that I should put on a return line to the tank for excess volume, but this sound a bit crazy given its a small carb. and not having test facilities and such. not sure of that, and seems excessive for a lawn mower?
The used motor was 200, and the regulator was 30, and then my time, I figure its not that bad, plus my grass is mowed and looking good, much eraser to walk in! So im happy, there just seems to be some kinks to work out for sure.