Is your mowing season over now ?

slammed

Threads
As for us, we have entered the "blow the property , then cut the lawn phase". We do not cut route anymore, too many leaves. We do a final cutting after the last cleanup. We usually blow each property at least four or five times each leaf season.

Just finished my yard today.

Threads
I haven't mowed any yards since last Sunday :frown::thumbdown:, but luckily I have one to do tomorrow. I don't know what I will do in the winter!! I will do everyone's yards twice more.....one this coming week (since it will be in the 60's this weekend), and one around Dec. 1.

the lawn guy

Threads
we usually finish our season the 1st or 2nd week in Dec. But all bets are off now that hurricane Sandy has left a wake of destruction here in southwestern CT. We are cutting up fallen trees and doing cleanups at the same time. A lot of work. But very sad to see so many old growth trees destroyed. Also many of our customers lost power, had cars destroyed. We even had two people die in our area. Hard to be worried about landscaping when some people lost so much.

Threads
we usually finish our season the 1st or 2nd week in Dec. But all bets are off now that hurricane Sandy has left a wake of destruction here in southwestern CT. We are cutting up fallen trees and doing cleanups at the same time. A lot of work. But very sad to see so many old growth trees destroyed. Also many of our customers lost power, had cars destroyed. We even had two people die in our area. Hard to be worried about landscaping when some people lost so much.

WOW....your area was hit hard! I hope things get better soon (though I know it will take time)! :frown:

the lawn guy

Threads
Thank you LMFanatic, I really appreciate that. I find that our company has now become not only a landscape company, but a grief counseling service as well. One of our customers had her home flooded by the storm surge.We were bailing water out of her cars, and totally mopping her floors in different parts of her home. We had crews repairing her landscape, and her home. We are not a cleaning service, but how can you say no? We spent over a week there. We have a least one or two more weeks till we finish. We will just have to be behind the 8 ball till we finish our year.

Threads
Thank you LMFanatic, I really appreciate that. I find that our company has now become not only a landscape company, but a grief counseling service as well. One of our customers had her home flooded by the storm surge.We were bailing water out of her cars, and totally mopping her floors in different parts of her home. We had crews repairing her landscape, and her home. We are not a cleaning service, but how can you say no? We spent over a week there. We have a least one or two more weeks till we finish. We will just have to be behind the 8 ball till we finish our year.

Sometimes you just have to not worry about business, and just help people. It is nice to hear you are doing that!

Threads
we usually finish our season the 1st or 2nd week in Dec.

The temperature has been below average for a long time, but starting today it has gotten warmer, and it will be semi-warm all week. I might mow each yard THREE more times, the more the better...I DON'T WANT TO STOP!! :frown: :laughing:

JD X485SE

Forum Newbie
Threads
Usually finish mulching/sweeping leaves the weekend before or after Thanksgiving. Might be later this year, as the 50" maple in the front yard still has most of its leaves.

Attachments

• Maple-111012.jpg
    Maple-111012.jpg
    195.4 KB · Views: 12
Threads
Usually finish mulching/sweeping leaves the weekend before or after Thanksgiving. Might be later this year, as the 50" maple in the front yard still has most of its leaves.

:welcome: to LMF....that is a nice looking tree...my tree just gets a little yellow! :frown:

jmurray01

, , 1,000 Post Club
Threads
That's a beautiful tree!

All the leaves have fallen here in Scotland now and we all know what that means... Imminent snow... :eek: