Is a Dixon Walkabout a good mower?

Threads
I am 16 and I just started a lawn service. I am wondering what is the best way to get accounts fast? I am ready to work hard so just tell me what works.
Thanks! :)

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hello & WELCOME to LMF...

That is a good mower, should do everything you might want...
Is yours a 36" or 48" ... What engine? Is it belt or Hydro drive??

Your best way to grow is word of mouth from your satisfied customers. This time of year you may be able to pick up some snow removal jobs... ??

Good to have you with us on these forums... :smile:KennyV

Threads
Ok it's a 2004 36" belt drive and I got it on craigslist from a home owner and it isn't used a whole lot. It has a slight oil leak and I'm going to try to fix it. It works great but I can't find a bag for it... Any help where to find one?

Also thanks for the tip! What I have done so far is get some business cards and post cards with my name, number, what we do, and more on them. I was thinking about going door to door? Is that a good idea?

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Try putting an add on Craiglist in the Services section under farm and garden, it worked for me when I started. Do a good job and then word of mouth will take over. Like Kenny said that will be your best advertisement but Craiglist will help get you going. Does your mower have a single or a V-twin engine?

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Ok thanks! And i think it's a v-twin but I'm not sure.

The Dixon 36" model walk-behind should have a Kohler 15hp Command Pro single cylinder with the 5-speed Peerless manual transmission. The 48" has I believe the 18hp Command Pro V-Twin.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Ok yes u r right. Sorry about that. So do you have this mower?

No I don't have that mower, I have seen it though. I have the G1336 Cub Cadet with the Kawasaki V-twin motor with the 5-speed Peerless manual transmission, the set up is basically the same. If your using that mower for or in your business the only problem you may have is it may not be fast enough to do the job you want done, I not sure but I believe it only has a three mph ground speed.

Threads
Oh ok cool. Now I've been told Dixon didn't make grass catchers for the Walkabout so do you know if I could get one that would work?

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Oh ok cool. Now I've been told Dixon didn't make grass catchers for the Walkabout so do you know if I could get one that would work?

I really don't know where you could get a bagger for that mower, you mite take a look at the OEM-590-522 Bagger, it fits my G1336, you mite make it work on yours I don't know. You can contact Morsales they mite can give you some info on what you're looking for. I'll keep looking around and I'll check with my Dealer and see if he can find you something. Send Morsales an Email at the address below and see if you get anything back.

Phone: 479-824-4363
Fax: 479-824-4187
Email: morsales@pgtc.com
Located Northwest Corner of
the Square inLincoln, Arkansas.
P.O. Box 226
Lincoln, AR 72744