I REALLY NEED SOME HELP

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
ANSWER TO THREAD #15

Hello, I am writing this message to Mr. Fish, Mr. Fish I am VERY THANKFUL an I appreciate every thing you have done to help me with my problem. However I also am sorry that I sent you 2 or 3 PMs. I did not know that it was out of order to send you PMs. Alsoin thread #14 there is a picture that shows the carb and the governor,however I also have that same picture in several books I have, but if you will notice, and this was what I was looking for IS THE HOLES THAT EACH SPRING OR ROD GOES IN ON THE CARB AND THE GOVERNOR. AND I STILL DON,T KNOW. The other thing is this engine is NOT cobble mess, the only thing I did was take the carb off and forgot how to re-hook the governor. This engine is just like I bought it from SEARS about 15 years ago. I COME TO THIS FORUM HOPEING THAT SOMEONE ON HERE HAS THE KNOWLEDGE AND MEMORY OF WHAT I AM LOOKING FOR. I am 73 years old and on social security and can not afford to have this done by a pro.Again I am very thankful for all the help that anyone has given me and Mr. Fish you have done the most thank you.

NAw the reason you won't get much help on this topic, is because there is little if any help online for what you are working on.
So you are at the mercy of old cantankerous old pharts that may have some old books still laying around, and be willing to go out to the garage and look them up.
You will also notice that the other posters actually did anything but say something against me..... Which was/is expected.
Carsacw has never actually helped anyone here, he just makes a lot of posts.

The big problem you have is that you have a Tecumseh engine, and the only real help you will get is from old pharts digging through old books looking for what you need. Carsacw has no idea how to assist you, but he still will make several posts....

Tedws

Threads
NAw the reason you won't get much help on this topic, is because there is little if any help online for what you are working on.
So you are at the mercy of old cantankerous old pharts that may have some old books still laying around, and be willing to go out to the garage and look them up.
You will also notice that the other posters actually did anything but say something against me..... Which was/is expected.
Carsacw has never actually helped anyone here, he just makes a lot of posts.

The big problem you have is that you have a Tecumseh engine, and the only real help you will get is from old pharts digging through old books looking for what you need. Carsacw has no idea how to assist you, but he still will make several posts....

I APPRECIATE ALL AND ANYTHING CAN DO TO HELP ME GET THIS DANG THING GOING THANK YOU SO MUCH. I RUN IT A LITTLE WHILE EVERY DAY BUT I HAVE TO RUN WITH THE CHOKE ALMOST CLOSED. SO I HAVE TO WAIT A WHILE BUT I AM GOING TO BUY A NEW CARB.

Pumper54

Threads
Tedws
If you look at the links that Mechanic Mark posted on the first page of this thread you will find the parts you are looking for. Look at the "Parts Tree" link. I did a quick look at the parts you need and it seems the following are what you are looking for: Part numbers 15, 19, 186 and 207. Each costs less then 4 dollars. Then look at the down loadable manual in the second link and it will show you how to hook up the linkages. Also you can go to YouTube and search for "Cleaning a Tecumseh carb" and there are a number of very detailed videos there, also several that show how to attach the linkages. Search for "Tecumseh carb". Pretty sure you will not be needing to buy a whole new carb, these things are pretty simple to work on.
Good luck and let us know how it all turns out.
Tom

Tedws

Threads
Tedws
If you look at the links that Mechanic Mark posted on the first page of this thread you will find the parts you are looking for. Look at the "Parts Tree" link. I did a quick look at the parts you need and it seems the following are what you are looking for: Part numbers 15, 19, 186 and 207. Each costs less then 4 dollars. Then look at the down loadable manual in the second link and it will show you how to hook up the linkages. Also you can go to YouTube and search for "Cleaning a Tecumseh carb" and there are a number of very detailed videos there, also several that show how to attach the linkages. Search for "Tecumseh carb". Pretty sure you will not be needing to buy a whole new carb, these things are pretty simple to work on.
Good luck and let us know how it all turns out.
Tom

thank you very much PUMPER54 FOR YOUR HELP AS SOON AS I GET THIS D--- COMPUTER WORKING RIGHT I WILL GET ON IT. Ted

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
I APPRECIATE ALL AND ANYTHING CAN DO TO HELP ME GET THIS DANG THING GOING THANK YOU SO MUCH. I RUN IT A LITTLE WHILE EVERY DAY BUT I HAVE TO RUN WITH THE CHOKE ALMOST CLOSED. SO I HAVE TO WAIT A WHILE BUT I AM GOING TO BUY A NEW CARB.

Naw, that just means that you need to go through the carb correctly......

Tedws

Threads
Naw, that just means that you need to go through the carb correctly......

Mr Fish, per above how do I KNOW what is correct. As I have said before I cleaned the carb 3 or 4 times the only thing I did not do was remove the welch plugs. THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

briggs

Threads
just buy a new carb ......i had one that was like that it turned out the the hole where the throttle arm gos threw was warn bad ..As for fish he will help u but he can be a a** at times

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Remove the bowl nut/jet and take a pic of it. If it runs on choke means you have some blockages in the carb, and that is the first place to look.

Tedws

Threads
Remove the bowl nut/jet and take a pic of it. If it runs on choke means you have some blockages in the carb, and that is the first place to look.

Well I have a bigger problem for a while. I have FRACTURED the Ulna bone in my right arm and I have really bad pain and need to go to the Dr. tomorrow to have a cast put on it. went to ER Sat. nite at 11 pm got temp cast. However thank you very much for the help. I will be back when I can work on it again.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Where in Ky are you? I live near Bardstown.