I NEED A Bigger Lawn!!

gabowman

Threads
Every since I bought my new zero turn mower I cant get enough of cutting the grass. Wow! What a change this is!! Where I went from...hating to do the lawn:thumbdown: (and it taking me 2.5 hours just doing the cutting on a worn out Sears mower) now finding myself trying to cut when the grass hasnt really grown enough for me to tell what's been cut and what hasnt (and did I mention I cut my whole place in just over an hour now?!?). Man...those zero turn mowers are a real pleasure to operate.:thumbsup:

I just wish somebody could come up with a better way of weed eating, edging, and blowing that would make it as much fun as cutting has became. Anybody else loving it as much as I am?:laughing:

MITCHELL22

Forum Newbie
Threads
I hear ya! I got mine in May, I've been mowing about every 4 days. Now I look forward to it! I already have 26 hours on it, mowing around 2 acres in 1.6 hours. It used to take 2.75 hours with the lawn tractor.

chobbs1957

Threads
Every since I bought my new zero turn mower I cant get enough of cutting the grass. Wow! What a change this is!! Where I went from...hating to do the lawn:thumbdown: (and it taking me 2.5 hours just doing the cutting on a worn out Sears mower) now finding myself trying to cut when the grass hasnt really grown enough for me to tell what's been cut and what hasnt (and did I mention I cut my whole place in just over an hour now?!?). Man...those zero turn mowers are a real pleasure to operate.:thumbsup:

I just wish somebody could come up with a better way of weed eating, edging, and blowing that would make it as much fun as cutting has became. Anybody else loving it as much as I am?:laughing:

I enjoy hearing people share about what they enjoy rather than complaining! May you be blessed!

Brucebotti

Threads

I feel the same way. I just wish that it hadn't taken me 40 years of mowing to finally get my first ZTR...:smile:
Bruce

Threads
...I just wish somebody could come up with a better way of weed eating, edging, and blowing that would make it as much fun as cutting has became. Anybody else loving it as much as I am?:laughing:

Well if you wanted to be on your ZTR for over an hour you could mount a blower on your zero-turn, and also a little trimmer. :laughing: See pictures:

blower on ZTR.jpg z trimmer.jpg

jimrs

Threads
Yea they are great. I remember cutting 3 acres with a 18" push mower and I enjoyed mowing. Now at 70 I would not ever do that again. Wish I had bought one years ago.

Tracker II

Threads
Whew, so I'm not the only weirdo on this planet. I got my ZT in May and my wife thinks I'm crazy for getting so exited when it's time to mow, lol.

Do you guys read your ZT poetry in the evenings too? Mine likes Longfellow.

qa12852

Threads
Just don't get yourself in over your head. All of sudden I am mowing a few more yards cause I loved my ZTR! Now I feel like I run a lawn care company without the profit!!!

Roger2561

Threads
LOL Tracker II...Actually, I sing lullaby's to mine. :laughing:

LakeRat1

Threads
I got a Toro ZTR in late June, already have 24 hr. on it, cut about 3 1/2 ac. really a joy to cut the grass, Really like the Mower, before this we were using 2 John Deer LT Mowers, a 46 in cut & a 60 in cut, I went with a Toro 3000 series with a 52 in cut, reason for that is the 60 in mower could not cut in some of the tight places, the 52 in will take the place of both of the other mowers, I am keeping the JD LT 445 mower to pull my Cyclone Rake, that I use in the Fall to pick up the Leaves from our 18 Pecans Trees, it does a nice job of removing the leaves so the pecans can be picked/harvested