Export thread

I NEED A Bigger Lawn!!

G

gabowman

Every since I bought my new zero turn mower I cant get enough of cutting the grass. Wow! What a change this is!! Where I went from...hating to do the lawn:thumbdown: (and it taking me 2.5 hours just doing the cutting on a worn out Sears mower) now finding myself trying to cut when the grass hasnt really grown enough for me to tell what's been cut and what hasnt (and did I mention I cut my whole place in just over an hour now?!?). Man...those zero turn mowers are a real pleasure to operate.:thumbsup:

I just wish somebody could come up with a better way of weed eating, edging, and blowing that would make it as much fun as cutting has became. Anybody else loving it as much as I am?:laughing:

MITCHELL22

MITCHELL22

I hear ya! I got mine in May, I've been mowing about every 4 days. Now I look forward to it! I already have 26 hours on it, mowing around 2 acres in 1.6 hours. It used to take 2.75 hours with the lawn tractor.

chobbs1957

chobbs1957

Every since I bought my new zero turn mower I cant get enough of cutting the grass. Wow! What a change this is!! Where I went from...hating to do the lawn:thumbdown: (and it taking me 2.5 hours just doing the cutting on a worn out Sears mower) now finding myself trying to cut when the grass hasnt really grown enough for me to tell what's been cut and what hasnt (and did I mention I cut my whole place in just over an hour now?!?). Man...those zero turn mowers are a real pleasure to operate.:thumbsup:

I just wish somebody could come up with a better way of weed eating, edging, and blowing that would make it as much fun as cutting has became. Anybody else loving it as much as I am?:laughing:

I enjoy hearing people share about what they enjoy rather than complaining! May you be blessed!

B

Brucebotti

I feel the same way. I just wish that it hadn't taken me 40 years of mowing to finally get my first ZTR...:smile:
Bruce

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

...I just wish somebody could come up with a better way of weed eating, edging, and blowing that would make it as much fun as cutting has became. Anybody else loving it as much as I am?:laughing:

Well if you wanted to be on your ZTR for over an hour you could mount a blower on your zero-turn, and also a little trimmer. :laughing: See pictures:

blower on ZTR.jpg z trimmer.jpg

jimrs

jimrs

Yea they are great. I remember cutting 3 acres with a 18" push mower and I enjoyed mowing. Now at 70 I would not ever do that again. Wish I had bought one years ago.

T

Tracker II

Whew, so I'm not the only weirdo on this planet. I got my ZT in May and my wife thinks I'm crazy for getting so exited when it's time to mow, lol.

Do you guys read your ZT poetry in the evenings too? Mine likes Longfellow.

qa12852

qa12852

Just don't get yourself in over your head. All of sudden I am mowing a few more yards cause I loved my ZTR! Now I feel like I run a lawn care company without the profit!!!

R

Roger2561

LOL Tracker II...Actually, I sing lullaby's to mine. :laughing:

L

LakeRat1

I got a Toro ZTR in late June, already have 24 hr. on it, cut about 3 1/2 ac. really a joy to cut the grass, Really like the Mower, before this we were using 2 John Deer LT Mowers, a 46 in cut & a 60 in cut, I went with a Toro 3000 series with a 52 in cut, reason for that is the 60 in mower could not cut in some of the tight places, the 52 in will take the place of both of the other mowers, I am keeping the JD LT 445 mower to pull my Cyclone Rake, that I use in the Fall to pick up the Leaves from our 18 Pecans Trees, it does a nice job of removing the leaves so the pecans can be picked/harvested

djdicetn

djdicetn

I got a Toro ZTR in late June, already have 24 hr. on it, cut about 3 1/2 ac. really a joy to cut the grass, Really like the Mower, before this we were using 2 John Deer LT Mowers, a 46 in cut & a 60 in cut, I went with a Toro 3000 series with a 52 in cut, reason for that is the 60 in mower could not cut in some of the tight places, the 52 in will take the place of both of the other mowers, I am keeping the JD LT 445 mower to pull my Cyclone Rake, that I use in the Fall to pick up the Leaves from our 18 Pecans Trees, it does a nice job of removing the leaves so the pecans can be picked/harvested

I can bet you're loving that Z-Master 3000 series!!! Question....on the Turbo Force Deck, there is a feature I am curious about which is described in the Toro brochure as a "Patented Adjustable Discharge Baffle" that purportedly allows you to "quickly modify the cutting chamber to deliver a superior cut regardless of the mowing conditions". Exactly how does that feature work.....do you use it.....and is there a noticeable difference if you adjust it for extremely "wet" or "tall" grass which are the only adverse "mowing conditions" that come to mind????? I was very impressed when I looked at the Toro's that had the Turbo Force decks and of course my Gravely had their "flagship" Gravely exclusive "X-Factor" deck(that carries a lifetime warranty" and is just as impressive looking as the Turbo Force). But it doesn't have a similar "Adjustable Discharge Baffle" feature and I'm wondering what I passed up on not going with the Z-Master:0)

L

LakeRat1

Yes DJ, I am Loving this Mower, as for the Baffle, it has 3 settings, A B C, My dealer set it in the B possession, the way it works is its a heavy plate/Flat Bar, that is mounted underneath the Deck about the Middle of the right hand blade, out close to the end of that right hand blade up on top of the deck there is a bolt that come up through the deck, you can move the baffle by moving this bolt to A B or C, in the slot, The Dealer told me that C was if I ran some type Vac. B was for Most other Mowing, A opens the Shout Wide Open, and I would think that in Very Heavy over grown stuff that would be where it should be, He also told me that running it in the B, would help with the dust, and I see that it don't make near the dust that I see coming from some of the Older ZTRs, that might have to do with the New Pumps, they are out in the Open & No fans mounted on top of the pumps like some of the older units I have seen, one thing that sold me on the Unit was the Warranty, 5 Yr. or 1200 Hr. That is about the best I saw, no way I will put that kind of Hr. on it in 5 Yr. I have been running between 60 & 70 Hr. on my big JD & don't know about the small JD, it don't have a HR, Meter, This new Unit is taking the Place of Both of the other mowers, they are staying around though, the Big JD will be used in the Fall with out Cyclone Rake, we have 18 pecan trees that drop tons of leaves, That rake/Vac. does a great job of getting the leaves up and does not suck up the pecans, as for the JD LT 166, I have removed the deck and have a rack on the rear with a 15 gal. spray tank, I use this to put out Round Up, that is my weed Eater>< LOL we live along a Lake, I have 400 ft. if lake frontage, the weeds and stuff that I cant mow is kept in check, plus all the trimming around all the Trees, and such

Being that I was mowing before with a JD LT 445 with 60 in. deck, I can see a couple things different, my blades are staying sharp longer, one reason I think is the JD mower was rolling on wheels, where this mower is carried by the mower frame, it don't hit as many Rocks & Stuff,

Rat