Hydraulic Oil

djg618

Threads
I finally got a hold of someone at Howard Price and they definitely said the 360Z took 20w50 Motor Oil and not Hydraulic Oil. So thanks on that question.

But the guy also said the filter cited above was for the older 3 wheeled units? If that makes any sense. And I should definitely buy a 10 micron filter.

So I'm off to the farm store.

Thanks everyone.

cruzenmike

Threads
I finally got a hold of someone at Howard Price and they definitely said the 360Z took 20w50 Motor Oil and not Hydraulic Oil. So thanks on that question.

But the guy also said the filter cited above was for the older 3 wheeled units? If that makes any sense. And I should definitely buy a 10 micron filter.

So I'm off to the farm store.

Thanks everyone.

when I needed 20 w50 oil for my Cub cadet hydrostatic transaxle I ended up purchasing the motor oil at home Depot. I don't remember the brand I would think Pennzoil and a yellow jug and it was about $5 a quart. As for the filter you definitely want to stick with the exact same microns as the manufacturer calls for. If you think about it the smaller than microns means that there is less space in between the fibers that make up the filter. This not only helps to capture smaller particles but also has an influence on how efficiently the fluid flows through that filter. If you have a 25 micron filter instead of a 10 micron filter you are ultimately going to let more particulates of smaller size continue to travel through the hydraulic system but also you are going to have less resistance for the fluid traveling through and in the systems it's the pressure that often allows the motors to have their optimal torque.

djg618

Threads
I never considered the back pressure/torque thing being related to porosity size. Grass is getting long, so I'm just keeping the original filter on and topping the reservoir off with oil. In the meantime, I'll either run over to HP or find a proper equivalent and change it all at a later date.

But if any HP owners out there know of an equivalent, I'm all ears.

Thanks