Husqvarna Transaxle 532448354

Silver Wolf

Forum Newbie
Threads
You should order your trans-axle direct from the manufacture. It probably a Hydro Gear 217-728-2581 or a Tuff Torq 866-572-3441.. Get the Model# and S/N off the transaxle and give it to them. I used to work on the hydrostaic transmissions on mowers like wheel horse when they were well build and repairable. They were actually driven by a driveshaft of a horizontal engine.

If you want the trans-axle repaired, you should take just that to a hydraulic repair shop that has lapping capabilities and have the lawnmower shop install it. Most of them fail from contamination in the oil, running dry from a oil leak as well as running to hot. . It is a shame the mower manufactures would not spend a few extra dollars to have a drain plug in the trans-axle so the oil may be changed, just like the engine.. It could run for ever, but it's design for a certain life. It's the manufactures of the mowers fault so that you will buy a new one. When you get the bill, you will wish that you did buy a new one. If you are having it repaired, you could have it drill and tapped for a SAE plug so that you may change the oil.

It does't matter what manufacturer is of the mower, they all use the same trans-axles. Commercial mowers use a industrial hydro-static transmission and are repairable. Good luck

Last edited:

larryWinfred

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm sorry we paid 3k for a mower that lasted basically 75 cuts, that is NOT reasonable. It was not dirt cheap.
You are correct. That's NOT reasonable. 3 1/2 years is suppose to be "reasonable"? I, also, own a husky and I will never buy another one or mtd product. I have owned several and have been very disappointed in their quality.

LMPPLUS

Threads
So our transaxle went out on our mower at the end of May. We have been trying to get a new one now for almost 7 weeks now. The repair shop ordered it but they keep getting the run around where the delivery date keeps getting pushed back. So I went on Husqvarna's website and it showed in stock shipping in 2 days. So I ordered it after inquiring if it was in fact in stock. I was assured it was and that it would ship in 2 days. It's a week later and it still has not shipped. I'm wondering if there is possibly a big issue with this part and they just can't keep it in stock but won't recall it. Is anyone else having an issue getting this particular part?
Appears that the P/N-532448354 hasn't been available since 2022, but the OEM Tuff Torq #7A646084091 is available.

Canuck64

Forum Newbie
Threads
Doing some work on y JD X300 last spring, checked TuffTorq site as I remembered they listed a repair kit for the K46 axle, all the wear pieces, no longer available nor were the individual pieces. JD listed the individual pieces, didn't follow up if they were available or the price.

Drilled the case for drain holes, checked for any visible wear or broken pieces, all looked good so put back together and re-filled with Mobile 1, 5-50 as suggested by TuffTorq. Oil was initially changed at around 400 hrs and every approx. 200 ever since. Initially having to remove axle assembly, turn upside down and drain, next one will be such a tread, throw a pan under and pull 2 drain bolts. Measure the right amount of oil (1,89 L) and squirt it into the fill port with a syphon gun.

Both engine (Kawasaki) and trans have been treated to Mobile 1 and WIX filters. Trans works as new. Engine starts on first turn with no smoke and good compression on both cylinders. I believe that regular oil changes are the key. At 1200 hours now and still running strong.

Its Me

Threads
Been repairing mowers about 60 years now never thought that I would see mowers sold and discarded only after a season or two, my home repair shop is very busy, two reasons the mower shops over here charge one hundred an hour, charge one hundred fifty to trouble shoot it and if you decide to fix it that goes on pay on your bill, they do not repair, they replace the whole piece, example, if the electronic shut off on the carburetor is stuck they put a new carburetor, I have had several people call me and asked to pick up mower at there homes that do not run, they just go buy another one, many of them only have minor problems so I fix them and sell them at a very low price, if they are to bad off I take them apart and sell used parts when I have one that needs such parts, I get half the price, and will offer a reasonable warranty, if I have another item to replace suck piece, might even have what you are looking for on a scrap mower, Joe

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
So you are 70+. But yes many things have changed lately as they moving toward battery powered equipment. Many of the carburetors that once was repairable are now not repairable due the lack of available parts. I having to replace a carb on a Kohler now because I can't get the throttle shaft. Otherwise the carb is overhauled.

And it seems this switch to complete assemblies only being available has accelerated since Covid 19 hit.

Threads
That is not limited to low end equipment either. There is a 3 cylinder liquid cooled diesel engine that is used in Excavator, skid steers, and compact tractors under various name brands that has no internal overhaul parts available from the OEM. Only oversize pistons/rings etc are found through 3rd party aftermarket suppliers. The engine is designed to be removed and replaced with a new engine and not repaired. And that engine is $6500.
Wow! Any way you could identify that engine so we could avoid buying it?

jviews12

Threads
Can yopu not get a used one off a doner mower? I would.

Gumshoew

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have owned two Husqvarna riding mowers for a good number of years and other than routine maintenance they have been excellent. I've repaired a lot of riding mowers and in my opinion they have been best on the market. I've found most mowers I've repaired not engineered as well as Husqvarna .