Husqvarna Transaxle 532448354

HuskyMom7

Forum Newbie
Threads
So our transaxle went out on our mower at the end of May. We have been trying to get a new one now for almost 7 weeks now. The repair shop ordered it but they keep getting the run around where the delivery date keeps getting pushed back. So I went on Husqvarna's website and it showed in stock shipping in 2 days. So I ordered it after inquiring if it was in fact in stock. I was assured it was and that it would ship in 2 days. It's a week later and it still has not shipped. I'm wondering if there is possibly a big issue with this part and they just can't keep it in stock but won't recall it. Is anyone else having an issue getting this particular part?

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I suspect that the transaxle was in fact not in stock even though they said it was. And the changing date from your repair shop is just par for the course. I just checked with my distributor and they are showing a 8/7/23 date so I would suspect that date gets pushed back at least a couple months before it become available.

I have been waiting on a starter assembly for a Poulan Pro blower since May and the truth is I am waiting to get the email that says that the part has been discontinued and has been removed from your order because that part was only used on 2 models.

HuskyMom7

Forum Newbie
Threads
I suspect that the transaxle was in fact not in stock even though they said it was. And the changing date from your repair shop is just par for the course. I just checked with my distributor and they are showing a 8/7/23 date so I would suspect that date gets pushed back at least a couple months before it become available.

I have been waiting on a starter assembly for a Poulan Pro blower since May and the truth is I am waiting to get the email that says that the part has been discontinued and has been removed from your order because that part was only used on 2 models.
I"m suspecting that it wasn't in stock too. What really gets me is this mower is only 3 1/2 yrs old. Warranty expired last Aug. This thing only gets used maybe once a week and maybe only 8 months out of the year and some of those months only once or twice a month. For what we paid for this thing it should have lasted a lot longer. If they discontinue this part you'll be reading about me going postal on them. Pretty much a whole season we'll be without this mower. I'll never buy another Husqvarna tool ever again.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
As far as Husqvarna is concerned the mower has lasted for a reasonable time
Domestic mowers are built down to a price that the public will pay
You might think it was expensive, but change the $ to hours worked and you will see it was dirt cheap
Honda make top quality walk behind mowers and the price you paid for your Husqvarna in only a slight bit higher for a lot more product
But if people keep on buying at the bottom end then the bottom end will get bigger and good quality mowers which a sound parts back up will become rare

HuskyMom7

Forum Newbie
Threads
As far as Husqvarna is concerned the mower has lasted for a reasonable time
Domestic mowers are built down to a price that the public will pay
You might think it was expensive, but change the $ to hours worked and you will see it was dirt cheap
Honda make top quality walk behind mowers and the price you paid for your Husqvarna in only a slight bit higher for a lot more product
But if people keep on buying at the bottom end then the bottom end will get bigger and good quality mowers which a sound parts back up will become rare
I'm sorry we paid 3k for a mower that lasted basically 75 cuts, that is NOT reasonable. It was not dirt cheap.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
As was mentioned previously conver those $ into hours worked then ask yourself how can they make it so cheap.

I blew up an advert for my fathers first petrol powered mower
It was £ 69 back in those days dad made £ 8 / week so it was 8 weeks wages more or less & we paid it off over 3 years along with the fridge & washing machine because they were all months worth of wages .
That was 61 years ago and my sister still has the mower & her neighbour uses it to mow the common area of 5 blocks of flats, I service it every 2nd Boxing Day when I go there for lunch.
To Americans that is a 3 floor appartment building
It is still on the original bore
And this is a PUSH MOWER
So pay 8 weeks wages & get 61+ years of use quality = excellent quality & sound purchase
How much quality & durability do you expect to get from a much bigger & more complicated ride on that you only paid 4 to 5 week wages for ?
I have the sign there to drive this point home to people who get fixated on the number and not the real price , the hours of our labour that went into buying it .
At 3K you get a throw away mower and I am sorry if the economic truth is a very bitter pill to swallow and even sorrier that you got a dud
I have customers who have bought a $ 1999.99 Chinese copy of your mower come in all the time with all sorts of problems & I show them the sign then tell them it will cost at least $ 2000 to make it a reasonably reliable mower and even then I have no idea about how long it will last .
The 21Hp Kohlers fitted retail for $ 1700 and they paid $ 300 more for the complete mower
OH and these are Australian dollars so multiply by 1.4 to get rough US $ , but again the numbers are not important , it is the hours and $ 1999.99 is roughly 1.5 weeks of average wage. 2 weeks of median wage and 2.5 weeks of minimum basic wage down here

As for Husqvarna mowere it is a brand I advise customers to avoid for anything other than chain saws , with the added comment that "quality sells itself while junk has to be sold" so think of how many adds you have seen for Husqvarna and ask yourself why so many ?

HuskyMom7

Forum Newbie
Threads
As was mentioned previously conver those $ into hours worked then ask yourself how can they make it so cheap.

I blew up an advert for my fathers first petrol powered mower
It was £ 69 back in those days dad made £ 8 / week so it was 8 weeks wages more or less & we paid it off over 3 years along with the fridge & washing machine because they were all months worth of wages .
That was 61 years ago and my sister still has the mower & her neighbour uses it to mow the common area of 5 blocks of flats, I service it every 2nd Boxing Day when I go there for lunch.
To Americans that is a 3 floor appartment building
It is still on the original bore
And this is a PUSH MOWER
So pay 8 weeks wages & get 61+ years of use quality = excellent quality & sound purchase
How much quality & durability do you expect to get from a much bigger & more complicated ride on that you only paid 4 to 5 week wages for ?
I have the sign there to drive this point home to people who get fixated on the number and not the real price , the hours of our labour that went into buying it .
At 3K you get a throw away mower and I am sorry if the economic truth is a very bitter pill to swallow and even sorrier that you got a dud
I have customers who have bought a $ 1999.99 Chinese copy of your mower come in all the time with all sorts of problems & I show them the sign then tell them it will cost at least $ 2000 to make it a reasonably reliable mower and even then I have no idea about how long it will last .
The 21Hp Kohlers fitted retail for $ 1700 and they paid $ 300 more for the complete mower
OH and these are Australian dollars so multiply by 1.4 to get rough US $ , but again the numbers are not important , it is the hours and $ 1999.99 is roughly 1.5 weeks of average wage. 2 weeks of median wage and 2.5 weeks of minimum basic wage down here

As for Husqvarna mowere it is a brand I advise customers to avoid for anything other than chain saws , with the added comment that "quality sells itself while junk has to be sold" so think of how many adds you have seen for Husqvarna and ask yourself why so many ?
Pretty sad that we live in a disposable society. We are killing our planet with all the crap we throw away. I "thought" we were buying something that would last. My mistake. Never again will I own any Husqvarna product.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
No more sorry that I am
Grow most of my own food , no heaters or air con, compost or vermipost , reuse or recycle, wear mostly discarded corprate clothing, drive 40 year old van on LPG and soon to be off grid , drink tank water although tank water is available got 8 pairs of steel cap work boots with stitched on soles that have been resoled at least 3 times each one pair is 30 years old as I know how to use boot dressings When I ride I use some ex-GP boots bought post Vietnam war .

Last edited:

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Pretty sad that we live in a disposable society. We are killing our planet with all the crap we throw away. I "thought" we were buying something that would last. My mistake. Never again will I own any Husqvarna product.
That is not limited to low end equipment either. There is a 3 cylinder liquid cooled diesel engine that is used in Excavator, skid steers, and compact tractors under various name brands that has no internal overhaul parts available from the OEM. Only oversize pistons/rings etc are found through 3rd party aftermarket suppliers. The engine is designed to be removed and replaced with a new engine and not repaired. And that engine is $6500.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Here is some really great news the 532448354 is NLA. Order Tuff Torq PN 7A646084090 or 7A646084091 which should be the replacement transaxles and my distributor has 10 of them in stock.
1690924937296.png
1690924971522.png