Husqvarna RZ4623 - Throttle Cable - Wrong Length?

nevils

Threads
I posted the serial number tag with a second number - would there be a second tag with the serial number somewhere that also includes the model number (that's different than that one)?
Here it is, again ...

Attachments

• infotag1.jpg
    infotag1.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 4

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
That is the engine info we are needing the manufacture number off the equipment serial number tag, not the engine info; although, that would be needed if you were wanting engine parts.

from the owners manual
Manufacturing Number
The machine’s manufacturing number can be found on
the printed plate affixed to the engine compartment.
Stated on the plate, from the top are:
• The machine’s type designation (I.D.).
• The manufacturer’s type number (Model).
• The machine’s serial number (Serial no.)

nevils

Threads
OK, finally hunted it down ...

Attachments

• infotag3.jpg
    infotag3.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 9

nevils

Threads
Comes back to the same part number for the throttle cable that I posted previously.
Cool. So, that confirmed, I'll return the one that I received.
Do you have a recommended source, or just the usual ones?
It's $39. via Amazon and Walmart.
Thanks!

Last edited:

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Cool. So, that confirmed, I'll return the one that I received.
Do you have a recommended source, or just the usual ones?
It's $39. via Amazon and Walmart.
Thanks!
Just the usual ones, And that price is basically MSRP. I am Husqvarna Consumer Products service center so I have direct access to dealer distribution.

nevils

Threads
Just the usual ones, And that price is basically MSRP. I am Husqvarna Consumer Products service center so I have direct access to dealer distribution.
I always thought of MSRP as an inflated number that retailers used to make their reasonable-profit price look better. (The shorter cable was only $27.) Is there so little competition that they can get away with selling at the inflated price (or is that now the inflation-price)?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I always thought of MSRP as an inflated number that retailers used to make their reasonable-profit price look better. (The shorter cable was only $27.) Is there so little competition that they can get away with selling at the inflated price (or is that now the inflation-price)?

Well consider this. The MSRP is $39.36 on the 539102732 and my cost price is $29.52 (RBI) plus $15 or 24.05 plus 13.99 (Gardner) plus under minimum order amount fee if I only order the cable. So there are times I just have to order from an Ebay or Amazon paying above MSRP and then mark it up from there. Or just sell the part at cost including the shipping charges.

And MTD are the worst at having MSRP right at the part cost not counting shipping. Most of my distributors are wanting me to place $250 orders to get free shipping.

So am I ripping off the customers?

Last edited:

nevils

Threads
Well consider this. The MSRP is $39.36 and my cost price is $29.52 (RBI) plus $15 or 24.05 plus 13.99 (Gardner) plus under minimum order amount fee if I only the cable. So there are times I just have to order from an Ebay or Amazon paying above MSRP and then mark it up from there. Or just sell the part at cost including the shipping charges.

And MTD are the worst at having MSRP right at the part cost not counting shipping. Most of my distributor are wanting me to place $250 orders to get free shipping.

So am I ripping off the customers?
Perhaps not now - the way things are, but in the past I don't recall anyone selling anything at MSRP. So, can you sell and ship to GA 31321 for the same $39. as Amazon or Walmart? Since you help mower owners here on the forum, I'd be happy to buy from you.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
No because I don't sell outside my local shop as my outgoing shipping costs are too much as I don't get the breaks large companies do. Besides that Amazon price includes free shipping if I am not mistaken.

But in the last ten years I have always sold locally at MSRP per the price files provided by my distributors. But it now getting to point where I am losing money on sales if II don't order at the minimum free shipping level. I am having to delay repairs and/or order extra parts in order to make a profit. Just wondering why I am staying in business now.