Husqvarna 265ACX (or 260ACX) Automower.

MowerMike

Threads
Your automower seems to have the intelligence and maturity of a young child that needs constant parental supervision and attention.

1 Lucky Texan

Threads
I, for one, wish to welcome our new robotic mower Overlords.

1 Lucky Texan

Threads
Haha :) I see a new movie soon. When automowers retaliate

A new Sy-Fy channel flick; an earthquake in new Zealand sends a tsunami of angry, robotic mowers into a crowded beach - it's called

CHEW-NAMI !

Perry

Threads
Your automower seems to have the intelligence and maturity of a young child that needs constant parental supervision and attention.

Maybe kind of you to put it that way? Sounds better than the "garbage in - garbage out" axiom to do with computerised anywhatsits.
Silly old fart made a ID.10.T error with the programming / layout design, may be closer to the truth. :ashamed:

Coxy got wedged between a plant and a stake, today. I obviously mis-judged the distance. Extra stake/peg goes in, tomorrow.
So long as it stops raining so I can avoid getting too wet.

chobbs1957

Threads
A new Sy-Fy channel flick; an earthquake in new Zealand sends a tsunami of angry, robotic mowers into a crowded beach - it's called

CHEW-NAMI !

Too funny. :laughing: ROFL!

This has been most interesting to read. I appreciate Perry sharing all of this experience with this forum.

Perry

Threads
The learning (curve) continues.

Watts Down
Yesterday, we had a long electricity supply failure. Coxy was stopped, out on the lawn,
when I looked. "Damn," I muttered, "I'll have to go a manually restart the mower when
the electricity supply is restored."

Took quite a while before we had juice running down the wires again. Even killed one
incandescent light bulb, when it did come back on. I glanced out the window before
going outside to re-start Coxy and there he was: mowing away happily!

So it seems that while a lost loop signal will stop an automower in its tracks (as indeed
I think it should!), it will resume operations auto-mower-matically once the power is
restored. That's good to know.

Slow Down

The 265ACX has two ground travel speeds. I've noticed that it cuts back to half speed
when it nears a boundary wire, rather than just when its ultrasonic sensors spot some
obstruction, just ahead.

Coxy has been doing a lot of wet weather mowing, recently. A lot more grass is being
cut that way, than if I had to get out there on a ride on, that's for sure. Drops a few
clumps of grass shaving here and there, but next time it runs over them, it does tend
to scatter them into nothingness.

Threads
The learning (curve) continues.

Watts Down
Yesterday, we had a long electricity supply failure. Coxy was stopped, out on the lawn,
when I looked. "Damn," I muttered, "I'll have to go a manually restart the mower when
the electricity supply is restored."

Took quite a while before we had juice running down the wires again. Even killed one
incandescent light bulb, when it did come back on. I glanced out the window before
going outside to re-start Coxy and there he was: mowing away happily!

So it seems that while a lost loop signal will stop an automower in its tracks (as indeed
I think it should!), it will resume operations auto-mower-matically once the power is
restored. That's good to know.

Slow Down

The 265ACX has two ground travel speeds. I've noticed that it cuts back to half speed
when it nears a boundary wire, rather than just when its ultrasonic sensors spot some
obstruction, just ahead.

Coxy has been doing a lot of wet weather mowing, recently. A lot more grass is being
cut that way, than if I had to get out there on a ride on, that's for sure. Drops a few
clumps of grass shaving here and there, but next time it runs over them, it does tend
to scatter them into nothingness.

It seems like after lots of changes, "Coxy" is mowing well! :thumbsup:

Perry

Threads
Where Coxy Rests & Re-charges

A few pix of Coxy's garage, where the charging station is located.

perry-albums-general-picture16883-coxy-home-01es.JPG

There's some sheet steel on the underside of the pool deck, to keep the garage dry.

perry-albums-general-picture16884-coxy-home-04es.JPG

The door / flap opens up to allow human access.
Coxy sneaks in and out, underneath it.

perry-albums-general-picture16885-coxy-home-05es.JPG

perry-albums-general-picture16886-coxy-home-06es.JPG

Another oddity I've noticed is that Coxy fires up the blade disc motor, immediately
prior to leaving the charging station, then shuts the motor down, before backing
out to get to work. As you can see, that results in grass shavings acumulating
on the charging station plate. No big deal to take a broom and sweep them off,
every so often, but I do wonder at the behaviour.

perry-albums-general-picture16887-coxy-home-07es.JPG

The lid isn't properly located on the charging station head because of the incorrect
spade connectors supplied. I'll remedy that when I can get some insulated flag-type
spade connectors.

Threads
Nice! :thumbsup: Could we see a picture of the mower? Robotic mowers are bigger than I thought they were.