Husqvarna 125b Blower Problem

Bounje

Threads
Well, the blower has spark and the fuel system is now pretty good (changed fuel lines, tested tank pressure, changed carb, changed fuel filter) but... there is no compression whatsoever.

I thought I was going to give up on this machine before... Haha! Maybe now is the time? At least I'm learning lots from this process.

The cylinder doesn't appear to have scoring although I am not sure I'm looking for the right thing there.

I had a bit of fuel in the tank to try running with the new carb (when that seemed to be the only problem) and some fuel leaked out the top hole of the tank cap when I had the machine on its side to pull it apart. Does this mean it would fail a vacuum test? Or is it normal venting?

At this point I guess a leak down test would be the next step to troubleshooting the root of the problem. Any other recommendations?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
rings on these engines take a pounding as Husqvarna use only 1 ring which has to work in both directions
If you see any scoring of the bore when you take off the muffler then the engine is gone
Some of the aftermarket suppliers do replacement barrels & pistons ( Farmer tec ) but buy them direct from the manufacturer & not from ebay or amazon or any other mass platform as there are more QC rejects out there than good kits .
Usually you will see the ring is stuck because the piston has smeared over it
No compression at all is either a piston failure, cylinder loose on crankcase or hole in the crankcase or hole in the piston
In most cases you can hear a leaking barrel or holed crank case the top of the piston can be inspected through the exhaust port & the same for the ring
They just about always go at the exhaust unless run without oil .
I don't repair them because the labour charge, even if everything comes off easily exceeds the replacement price
And that rarely happens as 9 times out of 10 the fan is rusted solid onto the crankshaft and is impossible to remove without either breaking it or damaging the crank.

Bounje

Threads
rings on these engines take a pounding as Husqvarna use only 1 ring which has to work in both directions
If you see any scoring of the bore when you take off the muffler then the engine is gone
Some of the aftermarket suppliers do replacement barrels & pistons ( Farmer tec ) but buy them direct from the manufacturer & not from ebay or amazon or any other mass platform as there are more QC rejects out there than good kits .
Usually you will see the ring is stuck because the piston has smeared over it
No compression at all is either a piston failure, cylinder loose on crankcase or hole in the crankcase or hole in the piston
In most cases you can hear a leaking barrel or holed crank case the top of the piston can be inspected through the exhaust port & the same for the ring
They just about always go at the exhaust unless run without oil .
I don't repair them because the labour charge, even if everything comes off easily exceeds the replacement price
And that rarely happens as 9 times out of 10 the fan is rusted solid onto the crankshaft and is impossible to remove without either breaking it or damaging the crank.
Thanks for reply! I don't think it's worth repair with so many variables in what the problem could be in the engine versus time and parts cost. When I tried turning the engine over gas would simply leak through the system into the muffler. Same issue with a new carb.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
For liquid fuel to do that then the carb or the tank venting has to be suspect, unless the engine has filled the crankcase with fuel that has yet to drain off .