Husqvarna 125b Blower Problem

Bounje

Threads
Hi there,

More issues with this unit. Trying to learn to fix things on this equipment as I go. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Well after rebuilding the carb, tuning it, and installing a new spark plug I am having a new issue: the unit seems to run fine after warming it up. I put it into full throttle 'cruise control' and when I let it back down to an idle for longer than 10-15 seconds it cuts out when I put it back to full throttle. I tried starting it from half choke but will not until after I let it rest for 10-15 minutes. I also noticed a bit of gas leaked out somehow. Maybe when priming? I don't think it there would be any cause for leakage after pulling the start cord, right...?

Look forward to any advice. Thanks!

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Does this blower have a primer mounted on the carb, or remotely mounted. If remoted mounted is the line from the fuel tank to the primer connected to the long nipple on the carb. If the lines are reversed can cause flooding because it overrides the metering diaphragm dumping fuel into the engine.

Bounje

Threads
Yes, the unit has a remote primer. Could be the cause. Will look into it tomorrow and let you know the results.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
It can be that carburetor is just too lean at idle. When you rebuilt the carburetor did you set the metering lever height per specs? Setting too low will cause the carburetor to lean out at idle. Also sometimes even with it set correct the mixture must be set a little richer than you think as the idle speed drop so does the vacuum thru carburetor.

I am assuming you did install a new repair kit.

Bounje

Threads
It can be that carburetor is just too lean at idle. When you rebuilt the carburetor did you set the metering lever height per specs? Setting too low will cause the carburetor to lean out at idle. Also sometimes even with it set correct the mixture must be set a little richer than you think as the idle speed drop so does the vacuum thru carburetor.

I am assuming you did install a new repair kit.
Yes, installed a new kit on the carb. From my research one should set the lever flush with carburetor surface so I did that. However, I did not follow any specs specifically for this machine regarding that setting.

So you are saying the idle speed should be slightly increased to run richer? (Still learning these terms)

Aside from all of that there seemed to be some flooding that would happen in the engine. After running for 10-20 min at full throttle I would put the machine into idle and then it would cut out after ~15 seconds. When I would go to restart it it acted flooded. There was the smell of gas and I even saw some on the ground when trying to restart.

I just operated it 30 minutes ago (tried clearing fuel out of the engine w/o spark plug, in choke, in full throttle while pulling start cable--not sure if this is effective). When I idled down after running this time it didn't seem to cut out but I was revving it up every 10 seconds or so to try and avoid that... It did start back up after I cut the engine with no problems contrary to recent past issues after extended running for snow removal.

Bounje

Threads
Does this blower have a primer mounted on the carb, or remotely mounted. If remoted mounted is the line from the fuel tank to the primer connected to the long nipple on the carb. If the lines are reversed can cause flooding because it overrides the metering diaphragm dumping fuel into the engine.
So I opened up the machine and looked into the lines and connections and didn't find anything unusual. Wasn't quite sure if I was interpreting your explanation correctly so I have attached some photos for clarification.

The one photo shows the carb with top and bottom attachment points. The other photo shows how the lines connect. The long nipple at the primer bulb goes down into the tank with an open line. The short nipple on the primer bulb goes to the top of the carb. The fuel line with filter comes up directly to the bottom of the carb.

One other thing to note is that there still seems to be good pressure in the gas tank with the lid screwed on--according to how the fuel pumps through the lines when the primer bulb is engaged.

Attachments

• 20220220_112428 - small.jpg
    20220220_112428 - small.jpg
    815.5 KB · Views: 6
  • 20220220_112715 - small.jpg
    20220220_112715 - small.jpg
    760 KB · Views: 6

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
So I opened up the machine and looked into the lines and connections and didn't find anything unusual. Wasn't quite sure if I was interpreting your explanation correctly so I have attached some photos for clarification.

The one photo shows the carb with top and bottom attachment points. The other photo shows how the lines connect. The long nipple at the primer bulb goes down into the tank with an open line. The short nipple on the primer bulb goes to the top of the carb. The fuel line with filter comes up directly to the bottom of the carb.

One other thing to note is that there still seems to be good pressure in the gas tank with the lid screwed on--according to how the fuel pumps through the lines when the primer bulb is engaged.
From the picture the fuel lines look correct.

Bounje

Threads
The machine is back to its old habits. Despite increasing the idle speed slightly (which did make a difference in how it ran overall) it will still have trouble revving back up after 15-20 minutes use once I idle it. It either cuts out in idle or bogs down when throttled up and then cuts out. Then it will not start up again until resting it for a while.

Maybe it is simply time to get a different machine. I have heard multiple people complain about problems with this machine...

AdamE

Threads
For what it's worth, I have the same blower and had similar problems. I bought a $15 Chinese carburetor (I know that's frowned upon around here) and it's run great ever since.

Bounje

Threads
For what it's worth, I have the same blower and had similar problems. I bought a $15 Chinese carburetor (I know that's frowned upon around here) and it's run great ever since.
Thanks for the advice. I tried it out. Don't know how I missed this but the carb is not the only problem (but was one of them)... Oh, boy.