Huskee Steering Problem

oldtubejock

Threads
Bertsmobile is correct, as best I can seeing inside there with the gas tank and crap in the way. How do I find a part number for a replacement bushing(S)?

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
jackssmallengines.com/jacks-parts-lookup/manufacturer/cub-cadet/huskee-husky/13-lawn-tractors/2002-models/13au678g131-2002/axle-front-wheels-front-steering-assembly
Part number 29 and 30. One or both.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
21 is also a part but I did not think you would need a washer. #30 is an after market part to fix the turning problem you are having. Don't know how good it is but thought I would point it out.

oldtubejock

Threads
Thanks, I'll order parts tomorrow. Now, how east it to replace this part? As I assume the steering shaft has to come out.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have removed and replaced gear on MTD mower before. It was easy after I removed everything in the way.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Being fat, ugly lazy & out of condition I like to do things the easiest was possible.
Drain the fuel tank , remove the battery and drop the deck.
Find something to hoist the mower up with, tree, verandah post, kids swing set, don't matter.
Stand the mower on its bum the everything you need to get to is right in front of your dial.
Usually once whatever holds the gear to the shaft is undone the shaft slips back up out the way, bush gets replaced, occasionally they are bolted in from the top , then push back the steering shaft, align the steering , replace the gear and you are done,

oldtubejock

Threads
Well, I finally got to take a peek under the tractor. I see no bushing. I've attached 2 pics of the underside. BlazNT? Bertsmobile1? Any recommendations now?

Attachments

• tractor-1.JPG
    tractor-1.JPG
    32.9 KB · Views: 9
  • tractor-2.JPG
    tractor-2.JPG
    25.8 KB · Views: 9

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Back to my origional parts diagram #9 screws into steering shaft. Remove it and you will find bushing when you lift steering shaft.

oldtubejock

Threads
I know standing this up on its end seems like the best way, but it's only me working on this. The best I could do is drain the tank and maybe drop the deck.

Once I get #9 screw out, how much more BS is there to get the steering wheel out?