Huskee Steering Problem

oldtubejock

Threads
Well, I got my starting issues resolved, thanks again to everyone!

I now have another issue I want to throw out there. My steering wheel on my Huskee Premium Model 678, maybe a 2002 has alot of play in it, by alot I mean I start to turn the wheel and I turn it about 1/2 full turn and then the wheels start to turn. I looked at the gear and the teeth all seem to meet at the same time.

Have anyone else had an issue with steering wheels????

TH

oldtubejock

Threads
Model 678 its the Platinum Edition Huskee, circa 2004 I think.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Model number on the sticker under seat.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Check the parts in attached picture.
huskee.jpg

oldtubejock

Threads
Hey thanks. I will check when I get some daylight to check. I'll be back in a few days.

oldtubejock

Threads
Hi BlazNT, the issue seems to be when the gear at the end of item #28 (steering shaft) meets with item #18, thats where I see most of the 'slop' or play.

????????

Thanks,
Jeff

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If the steering gear lifts out from the fan gear when you turn the wheel one way and then seems to pull in when you turn the heel the other way that usually means the bush on the end of the steering shaft has gone.
That diagtam does not show one but it will be there either directly above or below the gear on the bottom

These are one of the things the owners manual tells you to oil but because the are almost impossible to get at very seldom get touched.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Ok so you turn steering wheel and then #18 turns right away or does not turn right away? If it turns right away but the wheels don't turn right away?