HRR216 Carb Problems

upupandaway

Threads
Your top red arrow is correct- that is the level that leads to close the choke. Try it yourself and push that up and see if the choke closes. If it doesn't close, bend it down a little bit and check again. If ok, then try the throttle and see again.
With your picture, it is currently not pushed forward(thus pushing the choke) all the way yet. If the throttle is already all the way forward, maybe slipped forward in the clamp at the end of the cable's black jacket(it looks like it didn't, but....).

The throttle cable itself doesn't look like it slipped so the choke should be closing when u push the throttle all the way forward to choke but then again, loosen the screw and pull the throttle cable to the right(in your picture) a little bit and see if that resolves your problem...
I have seen where the "horizontal part" did wear a notch in it so that would also reduce it from moving far enough.
Yours doesn't look like it is worn but now u know what it is *supposed* to be doing.
It looks like all the parts are ok so it shouldn't take much adjustment to get it to work properly.

upupandaway

Threads
I think I know what you're talking about. The picture here is from when the throttle is fully ON.
If this is throttle pushed all the way forward to choke, then something is off with the cable. IF choke, the lever would be up right now.
I have seen where the black jacket of the throttle cable has been compressed making the cable "too long" thus in your case, not choke. It is rare but possible at the throttle end.
Loosen the screw holding the cable - the phillips screw, Loosen that and pull the cable back(to the right in your pic) a little bit and see if that fixes your choke problem.

*insert legal disclaimer here - hacker idea, it is not standard policy*
If u can't find anything wrong, you could bend the throttle cable so it is shorter and thus operate the choke properly...
*end of crazy idea*

If this is throttle pushed all the way forward to choke, something is weird as to choke, it would turning part will be past 9oclock to like 10oclock to push the choke. I think I have a motor laying around to get a pic of what I am talking about.

Well, u see what it is supposed to be doing so look around to find what is not correct.

Last edited:

gossamer

Threads
Your top red arrow is correct- that is the level that leads to close the choke. Try it yourself and push that up and see if the choke closes. If it doesn't close, bend it down a little bit and check again. If ok, then try the throttle and see again.
With your picture, it is currently not pushed forward(thus pushing the choke) all the way yet. If the throttle is already all the way forward, maybe slipped forward in the clamp at the end of the cable's black jacket(it looks like it didn't, but....).

The throttle cable itself doesn't look like it slipped so the choke should be closing when u push the throttle all the way forward to choke but then again, loosen the screw and pull the throttle cable to the right(in your picture) a little bit and see if that resolves your problem...
I have seen where the "horizontal part" did wear a notch in it so that would also reduce it from moving far enough.
Yours doesn't look like it is worn but now u know what it is *supposed* to be doing.
It looks like all the parts are ok so it shouldn't take much adjustment to get it to work properly.
Thanks again for your help. The throttle assembly didn't appear to be bent in any way, so I wanted to avoid bending it, unless it was absolutely necessary.

Turns out I was able to simply adjust the throttle cable by just loosening the Phillips screw, sliding the cable down a bit, then tightening the screw. That was it!

So simple, but I did learn quite a bit in the process.

upupandaway

Threads
Thanks again for your help. The throttle assembly didn't appear to be bent in any way, so I wanted to avoid bending it, unless it was absolutely necessary.

Turns out I was able to simply adjust the throttle cable by just loosening the Phillips screw, sliding the cable down a bit, then tightening the screw. That was it!

So simple, but I did learn quite a bit in the process.
Glad to help. That's what we are here for...