Hi - I'm new - please advise on ZTR purchase

Abrahamm

Threads
need-for-speed,

Last week I demo'd a Toro MX4260 (pretty much the same mower as yours with a few exceptions i.e. a welded deck..) and loved it.

Immediately after the demo I walked into the dealers shop and spotted a Toro MX5060 and it was love at first sight. I bought it last Monday and now have four hours on it and will put more on it today as I just installed a hitch kit. I have a 17 cu. ft. dump trailer full of tree pruning limbs that need to be hauled to my neighbors burn pile. He owns 15 acres just behind my house and has cheerfully offered me access to his burn pile any time I care to use it - heck of a good guy.

By the way, the dealer I bought it from didn't urge me to buy the bigger unit, that was my idea. Two hours after I paid for the new mower he delivered it to my home free of charge and proceeded to show me how to use it. Yes, I paid more for it than an internet purchase would have saved me, but when I need the dealer he'll be there...

Anyway, good for you and your new Toro. ZTR's turn mowing into fun and that's a good thing!

P.S. Yesterday, in the back yard, (I have 1-1/2 acres) I gave my wife a ZTR driving lesson (which she excelled at) and now she wants to learn to mow with it. Another "Who'd a thunk it scenario"

So be careful and don't show yours how much fun it is to operate or you may have to get another, cuz at this point that's what I'm considering...

need-for-speed

Threads
Do NOT buy a Dixie Chopper Iron Eagle!!I it would rear up, dig holes in t he lawn, difficult to set blade height I have been a 25 year customer of the dealer and had bought lots of equipp. Dealer charged me a $ 500.00 " re-stock" fee for the 4 hours I put on this terrible zrt,

Dealer and Corp. could care less!!
Stay away from the Iron Eagle, it is crap. I paid more money and just bought a BobCat from a different dealer. It is a GREAT machine and Worth the Money.

Good to know.
For the record - I've had my Toro now for almost 2 seasons and I still love it. It performs flawlessly and makes mowing FUN.

need-for-speed

Threads
need-for-speed,

Last week I demo'd a Toro MX4260 (pretty much the same mower as yours with a few exceptions i.e. a welded deck..) and loved it.

Immediately after the demo I walked into the dealers shop and spotted a Toro MX5060 and it was love at first sight. I bought it last Monday and now have four hours on it and will put more on it today as I just installed a hitch kit. I have a 17 cu. ft. dump trailer full of tree pruning limbs that need to be hauled to my neighbors burn pile. He owns 15 acres just behind my house and has cheerfully offered me access to his burn pile any time I care to use it - heck of a good guy.

By the way, the dealer I bought it from didn't urge me to buy the bigger unit, that was my idea. Two hours after I paid for the new mower he delivered it to my home free of charge and proceeded to show me how to use it. Yes, I paid more for it than an internet purchase would have saved me, but when I need the dealer he'll be there...

Anyway, good for you and your new Toro. ZTR's turn mowing into fun and that's a good thing!

P.S. Yesterday, in the back yard, (I have 1-1/2 acres) I gave my wife a ZTR driving lesson (which she excelled at) and now she wants to learn to mow with it. Another "Who'd a thunk it scenario"

So be careful and don't show yours how much fun it is to operate or you may have to get another, cuz at this point that's what I'm considering...

Congratulations Abraham! Sounds like you made the right choice. I'm sure you'll enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine.

Funny thing - my wife mowed all the time in our Sears tractor style mower. We used to trade off on the weedeating. I haven't let her drive the ZTR yet. The downside is I have to do the weedeating everytime now

tybilly

Threads
Hello! I'm new here. Looks like there's lot's of good info here. I currently have a Sears tractor style mower, 19 HP, 42 in cut. It's 11 y.o. and still works but i'm ready for a new ZTR. Never had one.

But I want one :licking:

My lot is a 1 acre wooded lot, but I'll be mowing just the lawn which is about 1/2 acre of level, sodded lawn - easy stuff.

My current contenders are:

1. J Deere Z445 48 in cut - but I don't want to spend that much ($4,600)

2. Husqvarna RZ4824F - looks good but would still like to spend less than $3,500)

3. Toro SS4260 - this is the one I want based on specs / price - approx $2,800

But I don't know much about the quality of the various brands. Everyone says - "don't buy a crappy residential - buy a commercial" - but I don't want to spend $8K! My lawn does not need a bullet proof ZTR. I just want a good residential model.

Is the Toro SS4260 a good ZTR mower?

Thanks.

i bought the toro ss4260 and i mow 4 lawns every 2 weeks and its held up great