Export thread

Hi - I'm new - please advise on ZTR purchase

N

need-for-speed

Hello! I'm new here. Looks like there's lot's of good info here. I currently have a Sears tractor style mower, 19 HP, 42 in cut. It's 11 y.o. and still works but i'm ready for a new ZTR. Never had one.

But I want one :licking:

My lot is a 1 acre wooded lot, but I'll be mowing just the lawn which is about 1/2 acre of level, sodded lawn - easy stuff.

My current contenders are:

1. J Deere Z445 48 in cut - but I don't want to spend that much ($4,600)

2. Husqvarna RZ4824F - looks good but would still like to spend less than $3,500)

3. Toro SS4260 - this is the one I want based on specs / price - approx $2,800

But I don't know much about the quality of the various brands. Everyone says - "don't buy a crappy residential - buy a commercial" - but I don't want to spend $8K! My lawn does not need a bullet proof ZTR. I just want a good residential model.

Is the Toro SS4260 a good ZTR mower?

Thanks.

K

KeithAlbert

I agree that the mowers you are looking at aren't nearly as good as the big boys. However - at 1/2 acre the homeowner versions will suit you fine. Stay away from Sears! Try to go to a dealer instead of the box stores.

D

Dan Deleon

need-for-speed said:
Hello! I'm new here. Looks like there's lot's of good info here. I currently have a Sears tractor style mower, 19 HP, 42 in cut. It's 11 y.o. and still works but i'm ready for a new ZTR. Never had one.

My lot is a 1 acre wooded lot, but I'll be mowing just the lawn which is about 1/2 acre of level, sodded lawn - easy stuff.

2. Husqvarna RZ4824F - looks good but would still like to spend less than $3,500)

But I don't know much about the quality of the various brands. Everyone says - "don't buy a crappy residential - buy a commercial" - but I don't want to spend $8K! My lawn does not need a bullet proof ZTR. I just want a good residential model.

Thanks.

Stick with the Toro from a dealer (not HD or lowes).

I have a Toro and am very satisfied

N

need-for-speed

I agree that the mowers you are looking at aren't nearly as good as the big boys. However - at 1/2 acre the homeowner versions will suit you fine. Stay away from Sears! Try to go to a dealer instead of the box stores.

Thanks Keith. Yeah - agree on Sears. The Craftsman I have had for 11 years was good - but they ain't the same now.

Many have advised me on the Big Box stores. But I am curious - they use the same model numbers (i.e. Toro SS4260 or John Deere Z225) whether at Home Depot or at a dealer. Are they the same or different?

K

KeithAlbert

Well, I don't know for sure but there is no service at the box store. If it truly is the same machine then the dealer should be able to match the price and build a relationship with you for future needs. Support Mom & Pop! Shareholders don't care about you!

K

KennyV

.... But I am curious - they use the same model numbers (i.e. Toro SS4260 or John Deere Z225) whether at Home Depot or at a dealer. Are they the same or different?

You should be curious...
This has been beat to death several times...
IF it is the same model ... then IT is the SAME...
Shop for price... you will find most all dealerships and any authorized mower shop will be glad to do any warranty work regardless of where you bought your mower...
If someone wants to match prices, look at that if you want... but not if they are matching it by giving you two annual tune ups that they 'value' at $400 each... :smile:KennyV

C

C&R Lawn Care

In my personal opinion stick with exmark, toro, or scag.

Also buy from a dealer not a big box store because if the mower breaks down u get a 100% better customer service.

And another thing to consider is if u want to put attachments on it like a bagger some ztr u can't because of the horse power.

If u have any ? Ask I will try to answere them ad best as I can.

N

need-for-speed

Thanks everyone ! I appreciate the feedback. :cheers:

My first approach will be to see if a dealer (who services) will match (or at least get close) to the big box store prices. Actually, since MSRP is $3,099 and Home Depot is $2,899 - that's pretty close already - advantage dealer.

I am also curious if you guys consider Toro to be a good brand of ZTR. Sounds like C&R lawn care says yes, so that is good news to me.

C&R - I do plan to add the mulching kit. The Toro SS 4260 has a 22 HP Kawasaki V-Twin and a 42 inch deck. Will the mulching kit be a problem for that?

Also, I've read that the Kawasaki V twin is the cat's ass, and that is another reason I am looking at this model - for the price, it seems to have a lot of good stuff.

twall

twall

You should be curious...
This has been beat to death several times...
IF it is the same model ... then IT is the SAME...
Shop for price... you will find most all dealerships and any authorized mower shop will be glad to do any warranty work regardless of where you bought your mower...
If someone wants to match prices, look at that if you want... but not if they are matching it by giving you two annual tune ups that they 'value' at $400 each... :smile:KennyV

SOOOOOOO true - so very VERY true. Parts is parts, no matter what the color they might be. If it's the same thing, and you can find it for $300 cheaper........don't worry about mom and pop....worry about YOU! If the 'mom and pop' place won't service what you didn't buy there.....do you really want to buy the whole THING there?

If they really give you great service on a good deal elsewhere....then by all means, buy from them the next time. Let that be your litmus.......:wink: NEVER pay too much over a sob story.....a good dealer has no lack of a customer base. "Why is the little guy still so little if they've been around so long?" That's what I always asked.

My :2cents:

C

C&R Lawn Care

need-for-speed said:
Thanks everyone ! I appreciate the feedback. :cheers:

My first approach will be to see if a dealer (who services) will match (or at least get close) to the big box store prices. Actually, since MSRP is $3,099 and Home Depot is $2,899 - that's pretty close already - advantage dealer.

I am also curious if you guys consider Toro to be a good brand of ZTR. Sounds like C&R lawn care says yes, so that is good news to me.

C&R - I do plan to add the mulching kit. The Toro SS 4260 has a 22 HP Kawasaki V-Twin and a 42 inch deck. Will the mulching kit be a problem for that?

Also, I've read that the Kawasaki V twin is the cat's ass, and that is another reason I am looking at this model - for the price, it seems to have a lot of good stuff.

U should have no problem getting a maulch kit for the toro and kawasaki is a very good motor I have two z masters with kaw motors one has like 230 hours and the other has 1500 hours never skipped a beat.

BKBrown

BKBrown

If you are still looking - Check out the Bad Boy mowers (they have a web site) and I understand you can find them at Tractor Supply. According to the ads they are made in USA and built to last. I don't have personal experience with them - just a suggestion.

N

need-for-speed

C&R and twall - great advice. I could not agree more on "parts is parts". And WRT "the selling dealer will take better care of you" - I agree that is mostly B.S. The guys on the Corvette Forum say the same thing. Yet, with my company cars, over the last 15 years, as I have moved from state to state - I have found that they don't give a rat's ass where you bought it. They get paid for warranty work by the manufacturer and they get paid for customer pay work by Master Card.

And they smooch my azz either way. Parts is parts and money is money.

Thanks for confirming what I suspected - if the model number is the same - it IS the same.

N

need-for-speed

If you are still looking - Check out the Bad Boy mowers (they have a web site) and I understand you can find them at Tractor Supply. According to the ads they are made in USA and built to last. I don't have personal experience with them - just a suggestion.

BK - thanks for the suggestion. I have looked at Badboy (on the internet) and they appear to be commercial level - starting at $4,600 -too rich for my blood LOL :laughing:

BKBrown

BKBrown

OK - on RFDTV they said that the small units start at around $3000 and if they last a lifetime they would end up saving you money because you would not need to buy others. I've also been in the situation where I couldn't afford the best !

Good Luck !

BK - thanks for the suggestion. I have looked at Badboy (on the internet) and they appear to be commercial level - starting at $4,600 -too rich for my blood LOL :laughing:

N

need-for-speed

OK - on RFDTV they said that the small units start at around $3000 and if they last a lifetime they would end up saving you money because you would not need to buy others. I've also been in the situation where I couldn't afford the best !

Good Luck !

$3K is ok. There's a badboy dealer on the way home from work. I'll stop by one day.

173abn

173abn

I go with what BK said.I just bought a push mower today for my boy at TSC and was looking at the BadBoys they carry.Two models ,one residental and one commerical grade.Both look well made and both priced to compete in the market.By the way I don't need a mower but like looking at them and any other models....russ

K

KennyV

...By the way I don't need a mower but like looking at them and any other models....russ

Me too... I will always stop to look at any mower tractor to see whats being done today,:smile:KennyV

CajunCub

CajunCub

Hey NFS, have you taken a look at Tractor Supply? I got a real nice Cub Cadet LTX1046 (That's a Hydrostatic, 22HP Kohler w/46" deck) for a Great price. I have a very simular lot with some wooded areas, it works great. I even bought a trailer to pull it with there too. Been very satisfied.
2394355830046622948S500x500Q85.jpg

N

need-for-speed

Hey NFS, have you taken a look at Tractor Supply? I got a real nice Cub Cadet LTX1046 (That's a Hydrostatic, 22HP Kohler w/46" deck) for a Great price. I have a very simular lot with some wooded areas, it works great. I even bought a trailer to pull it with there too. Been very satisfied.
2394355830046622948S500x500Q85.jpg

Hey thanks Cajun - I'll check them out. There's a Tractor Supply close by.

173abn

173abn

while your there check out the badboys..russ

N

need-for-speed

while your there check out the badboys..russ

Good! I went by a local Bad Boy dealer yesterday but they closed at 2 pm !

BKBrown

BKBrown

N

need-for-speed

BK, that looks like a badassmower, thanks for sending the link. Looks like the price is $3,499.

Today I ordered a Toro Timecutter SS4260 from a local dealer. MSRP is $3,099. They sold it to me for $2,598 (plus tax). I also ordered a mulching kit ($139), which they will install for free. The price was discounted more than I expected, so in this case, there would be absolutely no reason to buy from Home Depot.

I've never even driven a ZTR before today. They let me drive a Toro SS4235 around. It was a blast!

Can't wait for my new toy!

BKBrown

BKBrown

Glad you found one you like and hope you like it as much after using it for a couple years ! :thumbsup: Sounds like you got a good price !

N

need-for-speed

Thanks BK! Looking forward to my new toy. :biggrin:

CajunCub

CajunCub

N-F-S, That's a "Good Looking" mower! Hope it works out for you!:thumbsup:

N

need-for-speed

N-F-S, That's a "Good Looking" mower! Hope it works out for you!:thumbsup:

Thanks Cajun! It seems to have a lot of great features for the price :smile:

W

Waterr

TORO ZTR

@need-for-speed :

I would like to know if you received your TORO ZTR and what is your opinion ?

Quality product or not ?

N

need-for-speed

Re: TORO ZTR

@need-for-speed :

I would like to know if you received your TORO ZTR and what is your opinion ?

Quality product or not ?

Yes I have and so far I love it ! Now it is too early to judge longevity. But initial quality, easy to use, power, fun factor: I feel like it's the best $2,600 I've spent in a long time. I wish my yard was larger.

I've never even drivin a ZTR before this. Just like the dealer told me - after 1 hour you'll be an expert.

Can't wait for the grass to grow LOL

B

Black Bart

Once you have spent some time on a ZTR you will throw rocks at a tractor.

twall

twall

....or just make fun of them, right? :rolleyes:

Especially if their name starts in an "M" and ends in a "Y".........:tongue:

B

Black Bart

....or just make fun of them, right? :rolleyes:

Especially if their name starts in an "M" and ends in a "Y".........:tongue:
No need to throw rocks at them they will fall apart on their own. :laughing:

BKBrown

BKBrown

NOBODY better let me catch them throwing rocks at MY tractor ! :eek:
and I don't believe it will be falling apart any time soon ! :biggrin:

twall

twall

NOBODY better let me catch them throwing rocks at MY tractor ! :eek:
and I don't believe it will be falling apart any time soon ! :biggrin:

Yours is a tractor, in a commercial-farming kinda way......with that articulating and oscillating frame n all.........

And if I had the land, and the kinda cash a ZTR costs, i'd be buying a Ventrac over a ZTR ANY day......

BKBrown

BKBrown

Thanks twall,

If the ONLY thing I did with it was mow -- I might want a ZTR ??? maybe ???
The Ventrac will do so much more ! :biggrin: :thumbsup: I'm sure this machine will be around long after I'm gone ! :thumbsup:

twall

twall

Thanks twall,

The Ventrac will do so much more ! :biggrin: :thumbsup: I'm sure this machine will be around long after I'm gone ! :thumbsup:

I don't know - ZTR's are SOOOOO single use. I mean, most of them DEPEND on that deck, just to stay upright! My dad's rear-steer JD commercial was still a tractor - once the deck was off - the four-way plow went on (or a snowblower). Again, if I had land - I'd really want the traction/mobility/multi-use of a Ventrac. The more I check them out, the more I like them, and the more I realize I'll probably never need one!

N

need-for-speed

Oh hell yes. I'm already there LOL. I gave the Sears tractor to my sister and B.I.L. I will say one thing - I got my money's worth out of that thing - 14 years and it's still mowing.

But the ZTR - it's like driving a go cart around the yard AND getting the job done at the same time. It's just plain fun. I can see my wife and I are going to fighting over who gets to mow.

:laughing: :confused2:

That Toro seams to be very easy on the gas too.

twall

twall

ZTR's always seem like a gimmicky toy to me. They are useless for anything other than mowing.....a single-use, single-season, neighbor-impressing TOY. For homeowner use, it's a little 'yuppie' for me.

But, if it floats your boat......have fun! :smile:

B

Black Bart

Thanks twall,

Mowing is ALL that I intend to do with my Grasshopper.
I leave my snow blower on the 430 diesel year round and use my other tractor for all other lawn work.

If I was a lot younger and did not have a bad back I would not mind something like the Ventrac but wrestling all those attachment on and off would be impossible that is why I never remove my blower.

Different people have different needs but when it comes to mowing something like my 725 with 72" deck will mow a lot faster than any tractor I have ever seen.

N

need-for-speed

ZTR's always seem like a gimmicky toy to me. They are useless for anything other than mowing.....a single-use, single-season, neighbor-impressing TOY. For homeowner use, it's a little 'yuppie' for me.

But, if it floats your boat......have fun! :smile:

Oh that's some funny snit. I don't give a rat's ass about my neighbors. Mowing IS my only use for this thing. Since I live in SE TX, I don't need a snow plow. Since I live on a 1 acre wooded subdivision lot, I don't need to plow.

So, for my situation, a ZTR is not gimicky. It's perfect and it's a blast.

If I lived on 5 acres - yes - I would have a tractor with a detachable mower, and I would not buy a ZTR just to impress my neighbors.

Yuppie? That's kinda sad that you would say that

:laughing: :laughing:

Trust me - I'm not in to Beamers or Lexai.

twall

twall

Oh that's some funny snit. I don't give a rat's ass about my neighbors. Mowing IS my only use for this thing. Since I live in SE TX, I don't need a snow plow. Since I live on a 1 acre wooded subdivision lot, I don't need to plow.

So, for my situation, a ZTR is not gimicky. It's perfect and it's a blast.

If I lived on 5 acres - yes - I would have a tractor with a detachable mower, and I would not buy a ZTR just to impress my neighbors.

Yuppie? That's kinda sad that you would say that

:laughing: :laughing:

Trust me - I'm not in to Beamers or Lexai.

Great!

But, you can't deny the gimmiky keep-up-with-the-Jonses approach most ZTR buyers go at it with.

And it was THOSE I was referring to. ZTR's have a place - but their popularity lends itself to 'I gotta have one cause they do' kinda crap. THEY ARE NOT FOR EVERYONE, even though "everybody's doing it". Eh? :wink:

N

need-for-speed

Great!

But, you can't deny the gimmiky keep-up-with-the-Jonses approach most ZTR buyers go at it with.

And it was THOSE I was referring to. ZTR's have a place - but their popularity lends itself to 'I gotta have one cause they do' kinda crap. THEY ARE NOT FOR EVERYONE, even though "everybody's doing it". Eh? :wink:

And 30 years ago they said the same thing about microwave ovens.....:wink:

twall

twall

And 30 years ago they said the same thing about microwave ovens.....:wink:

But, a microwave oven is useful in almost every circumstance, whereas a ZTR is not....now if they made a little one with a single blade.....then I'd be tempted.....but, they won't sink to the depths of servicing 'common' scum like me.....

They stick to the people with the deep pockets....:biggrin:

So my opinion of them stands. :smile:

J

Jim Lahey

This is an interesting discussion and I can certainly understand both points of view. The Ventracs are so cool, and looking at the site, I want one more and more, but aside it being out of my price range (esp when adding snow blade) I have a feeling that this may be too much tractor for me - in the sense that I have 1.5 acres and only need to mow and plow snow from my driveway. I dont do other major projects apart from hauling deadwood logs that I cut up (and throw into a wagon type attachment). Would it be accurate to say I dont really need something as heavy duty as a Ventrac?

What Im looking to do is shave cut time from my mow and from what I understand ZTRs do that. I would most likely pick up a used ATV for the hauling and plowing work and still be under what a Ventrac would cost....

BKBrown

BKBrown

Obviously, your decision what you want/need. looking at your pictures, I would have figured more than 1.5 acres.
If you do decide to go with ZTR check out the BAD BOY line. 2011 Bad Boy Mower Models | Bad Boy Mowers Made in USA and well made! They may have one in your price range that will double at pulling a trailer to haul your wood and will handle a snow plow. Their accessories list does include trailer and plow as well as other things.

Good Luck finding what will work for you ! :biggrin:

Ventrac

Ventrac

This is an interesting discussion and I can certainly understand both points of view. The Ventracs are so cool, and looking at the site, I want one more and more, but aside it being out of my price range (esp when adding snow blade) I have a feeling that this may be too much tractor for me - in the sense that I have 1.5 acres and only need to mow and plow snow from my driveway. I dont do other major projects apart from hauling deadwood logs that I cut up (and throw into a wagon type attachment). Would it be accurate to say I dont really need something as heavy duty as a Ventrac?

What Im looking to do is shave cut time from my mow and from what I understand ZTRs do that. I would most likely pick up a used ATV for the hauling and plowing work and still be under what a Ventrac would cost....

See the other post that I replied to Jim. Call the dealer on the locator and get a rough idea of the 3000 series pricing. It may be more of what you are looking for and I am personally biased because I use one at home and I love it :thumbsup:. 1-1.5 acre when I do the highway embankment. I mow, push snow, blow leaves, and mow a 25 degree bank. Where are you located in Canada?

I

ihc_444

If you have a local Gravely dealer check them out, they have a 50" cut for about $3200-$3500 with a Kawasaki engine. I've been looking for a ZTM for the past two years. Right now the Gravely and Toro are at the top of my list for my price range. Was considering the 54" Z-beast from Home Depot but have only heard of one person that actually owns one and from his last post he has not yet mowed with it.

Zero Turn Mowers ZT series

I

ihc_444

Sorry, I got excited and replied to an early post before reading all the recent ones. Hope you enjoy the Toro, and sounds like you got a great deal.

K

KeithAlbert

Why is there so much hate towards ZTR owners? I have one for one reason: it's the best mower for my property. As far a mowing goes they are hard to beat for quality of cut, time, fun factor. If you own a commercial unit it will likely last you your entire life. I put about 60 hours a year on mine. So I figure I'll get 25-30 years out of it. Sounds like a good investment to me.

N

need-for-speed

Why is there so much hate towards ZTR owners? I have one for one reason: it's the best mower for my property. As far a mowing goes they are hard to beat for quality of cut, time, fun factor. If you own a commercial unit it will likely last you your entire life. I put about 60 hours a year on mine. So I figure I'll get 25-30 years out of it. Sounds like a good investment to me.

It's not hate. It's called envy, and unfortunately, it is the nature of internet forums.

K

KennyV

Why is there so much hate towards ZTR owners?

If you own a commercial unit it will likely last you your entire life. I put about 60 hours a year on mine. So I figure I'll get 25-30 years out of it. Sounds like a good investment to me.

Keith... I don't thank there is any 'hate' towards ZTR owners... I think if anyone who has not owned one, once justifying the price, especially if they have any obstacles to mow around, would love a well made ZTR...

And your right about a commercial line lasting a lifetime... I have an industrial ZTR I do about 100 hrs a year... it's going to last me a lifetime + :smile:KennyV

twall

twall

Its NOT envy. I just figured there was so much hate in the Murray threads, I figured I'd inject a little in one of the precious ZTR threads.

It's not about the hate, though - its called turnabout, and it's fair play.

Sent from my WX445 using LMF

N

need-for-speed

But, a microwave oven is useful in almost every circumstance, whereas a ZTR is not....now if they made a little one with a single blade.....then I'd be tempted.....but, they won't sink to the depths of servicing 'common' scum like me.....

They stick to the people with the deep pockets....:biggrin:

So my opinion of them stands. :smile:

I bought my ZTR for only one circumstance too - my yard. Not your yard. Not my neighbors yard. Not my sisters yard. Why is that so hard to understand? For my yard, a ZTR works great. If I had to mow a 10 acre goat pasture, guess what I'd use? Maybe a 1969 Snapper with a fixed deck.

But since I have a 1 acre sodded lawn, why would I want to mow it with a tractor, when I can do it in half the time, go around trees without backing up, using a ZTR and having a blast?

Deep pockets?

Maybe

I could have bought any mower I wanted. I chose this one and I love it.

Toro001.jpg

Toro003.jpg

C6May2009045.jpg

N

need-for-speed

Its NOT envy. I just figured there was so much hate in the Murray threads, I figured I'd inject a little in one of the precious ZTR threads.

It's not about the hate, though - its called turnabout, and it's fair play.

This is the only thread I've participated in on this site. Why haunt my thread?

K

KeithAlbert

Well for all you envy types: watch craigslist list in the fall and you'll find a deal in the price range of a new box store LT

N

need-for-speed

Well for all you envy types: watch craigslist list in the fall and you'll find a deal in the price range of a new box store LT

Not only that - I decided to follow the advice here and go to a dealer. The local dealer (and they're a big dealer with full service) price was LOWER than Home Depot on my Toro !!!

But you are correct - buying one that's a couple of years old on Craigs list will save you a lot of money. That's a good way to go.

twall

twall

need-for-speed said:
This is the only thread I've participated in on this site. Why haunt my thread?

Random chance. Deal with it. I'm making a point here.

J

Jim Lahey

Good for you need4speed. I just ordered a similar Toro and I hope I love it as much as you do. Im sure I will.

twall

twall

Now I'm at my PC, I can really respond......:biggrin:

I bought my ZTR for only one circumstance too - my yard. Not your yard. Not my neighbors yard. Not my sisters yard. Why is that so hard to understand? For my yard, a ZTR works great. If I had to mow a 10 acre goat pasture, guess what I'd use? Maybe a 1969 Snapper with a fixed deck.
That's nice. I applaud your independance. I really don't care.

But since I have a 1 acre sodded lawn, why would I want to mow it with a tractor, when I can do it in half the time, go around trees without backing up, using a ZTR and having a blast?

Fine. I said whatever floats your boat. Did you actually read what I've written before getting all high and mighty? Before you took offence about YOUR precious thread, did you happen to notice I was nice at the beginning, and right up to the point you get all snippy with me?

If the damned shoe fits, wear it, otherwise, I wasn't talking to you. If you post in a public forum, expect comments - and not everyone is gonna be kissing your obviously well-paid butt. That's just the way it works.

Deep pockets?

Maybe

I could have bought any mower I wanted. I chose this one and I love it.

The pic of the 'Vette........I think we got the point.

How pretentious of me to think you'd be well-to-do..........whatever. Here's a news flash: what I said about ZTR's aint about YOU. I know, that might be hard to swallow, but it's the truth. :smile:

OY VEH!!!!!!!

N

need-for-speed

Good for you need4speed. I just ordered a similar Toro and I hope I love it as much as you do. Im sure I will.

CONGRATULATIONS Jim ! You are gonna love it. It's like playing on a go-kart and getting meaningful work done at the same time.

N

need-for-speed

Now I'm at my PC, I can really respond......:biggrin:

That's nice. I applaud your independance. I really don't care.

Fine. I said whatever floats your boat. Did you actually read what I've written before getting all high and mighty? Before you took offence about YOUR precious thread, did you happen to notice I was nice at the beginning, and right up to the point you get all snippy with me?

If the damned shoe fits, wear it, otherwise, I wasn't talking to you. If you post in a public forum, expect comments - and not everyone is gonna be kissing your obviously well-paid butt. That's just the way it works.

The pic of the 'Vette........I think we got the point.

How pretentious of me to think you'd be well-to-do..........whatever. Here's a news flash: what I said about ZTR's aint about YOU. I know, that might be hard to swallow, but it's the truth. :smile:

OY VEH!!!!!!!

Well, maybe mighty, but not high. They won't pay me the big bucks if I get high.

K

KeithAlbert

Gee, Twall has an attitude problem. Who pissed in your cornflakes? So the guy has a corvette - so what? What does that have to do with his mower? If the guy has done well in his life then good for him. Why be a hater? Am I missing something here?

twall

twall

Well, maybe mighty, but not high. They won't pay me the big bucks if I get high.

Well responded! :thumbsup:

I like you......I'll stop 'haunting your thread' now - my point's been made already anyway - long ago. :wink:

N

need-for-speed

Well responded! :thumbsup:

I like you......I'll stop 'haunting your thread' now - my point's been made already anyway - long ago. :wink:

Thanks Twall. I like you too. A happy ending is a good thing. Especially if it doesn't cost extra.

:cheers:

N

need-for-speed

Gee, Twall has an attitude problem. Who pissed in your cornflakes? So the guy has a corvette - so what? What does that have to do with his mower? If the guy has done well in his life then good for him. Why be a hater? Am I missing something here?

Thanks Keith. I appreciate that. Looks like everything is good now ! :thumbsup:

twall

twall

My how you've grown in 12 posts..........from a Craftsman being a "hot steaming pile of poo".......I so fear your label....:rolleyes:

"Hater"? I stick up for the Murray people who get hated on all the time by the likes of JD and ZTR fans, so I don't even wanna hear it. In the last two months, I've seen too many people get driven outa here by pretentious jerks hating on Murrays and their owners. All these poor people wanted to do was say they loved their mower - one of the the points of this site, and they get crapped on all day long. They made their one or two posts, and never came back. So spare me the 'innocent ZTR owner' bit, okay? :biggrin: Thanks.

I'd had enough. That was my point of posting here to begin with [about ZTR's being yuppie]. It hurts both ways, and is just as senseless and elitist.

(he snuck in the post before I did, and didn't see it - I had to respond.......:wink: So, unless he'd like to re-start an argument, I'll stop posting here......)

K

KeithAlbert

I'm new here but don't let "trolls" push you around. He sounds like a bully behind a keyboard to me, but what do I know.

K

KeithAlbert

Fear my label?????

N

need-for-speed

Can't we all get along :biggrin:

Hell, my Craftsman tractor style was really a Murray with Sears written on the side. I got my money's worth out of it big time. I mowed every weekend with it 14 years (and we mow 8 to 9 months out of the year down here). That bad boy is still running. I gave it to my sister and B.I.L. last Saturday.

twall

twall

I'm new here but don't let "trolls" push you around. He sounds like a bully behind a keyboard to me, but what do I know.

If 'he' is me, then not a lot - and you didn't read much of my post, and don't know squat about me on this site.

twall

twall

Can't we all get along :biggrin:

Hell, my Craftsman tractor style was really a Murray with Sears written on the side. I got my money's worth out of it big time. I mowed every weekend with it 14 years (and we mow 8 to 9 months out of the year down here). That bad boy is still running. I gave it to my sister and B.I.L. last Saturday.

Then I REALLY wasn't talking to you about the yuppie part...:wink:

As far as the 'Vette ------- OF THAT, I AM envious. :biggrin:

N

need-for-speed

Then I REALLY wasn't talking to you about the yuppie part...:wink:

As far as the 'Vette ------- OF THAT, I AM envious. :biggrin:

Hey Twall, thanks for the comments on the vette !! That's the ultimate compliment !!

Jetblast

Jetblast

I do use my mower in order to look cool to the neighbors, and I don't mind admitting it.

Attachments

K

KennyV

Keith... I just noticed your comment...
I'm also curious who you are referring to... & exactly who was being pushed around?? :smile:KennyV

N

need-for-speed

I do use my mower in order to look cool to the neighbors, and I don't mind admitting it.

I like your style :thumbsup:

J

Jim Lahey

My neighbors cant see me really so Im going to have to make some youtube videos or something :p

N

need-for-speed

My neighbors cant see me really so Im going to have to make some youtube videos or something :p

LOL. You should rent a BMF John Deere to post up. Folks will really be jealous !!

A

AndySKane

Congratulations on your new Toro ZTR.

I bought a Ferris ZTR recently after a two week search. I looked at many traditional tractor mowers with my primary criteria being ruggedness and speed. During the search I concluded that I have never used my mower for anything other than mowing and that there was no need to buy anything other than a dedicated mower if it best met my needs.

From what I see, as they come down in price, ZTRs will become ever more popular. Everybody should do some research first and then buy whatever they can afford that best meets their needs.

N

need-for-speed

Congratulations on your new Toro ZTR.

I bought a Ferris ZTR recently after a two week search. I looked at many traditional tractor mowers with my primary criteria being ruggedness and speed. During the search I concluded that I have never used my mower for anything other than mowing and that there was no need to buy anything other than a dedicated mower if it best met my needs.

From what I see, as they come down in price, ZTRs will become ever more popular. Everybody should do some research first and then buy whatever they can afford that best meets their needs.

Hey Thanks Andy. Caongrats as well on your Ferris purchase. I am loving my Toro.

Yeah, so many people say "don't buy a crappy residential model - buy a commercial model.

Well - I don't want to spend $7K !!! My yard is 1/2 acre of sodded lawn. I don't need a feck'in Bad Boy or Kubota !!

I love my Toro. It's a blast and does the job perfectly !!

P

percydovetonsils

Do NOT buy a Dixie Chopper Iron Eagle!!I it would rear up, dig holes in t he lawn, difficult to set blade height I have been a 25 year customer of the dealer and had bought lots of equipp. Dealer charged me a $ 500.00 " re-stock" fee for the 4 hours I put on this terrible zrt,

Dealer and Corp. could care less!!
Stay away from the Iron Eagle, it is crap. I paid more money and just bought a BobCat from a different dealer. It is a GREAT machine and Worth the Money.

A

Abrahamm

need-for-speed,

Last week I demo'd a Toro MX4260 (pretty much the same mower as yours with a few exceptions i.e. a welded deck..) and loved it.

Immediately after the demo I walked into the dealers shop and spotted a Toro MX5060 and it was love at first sight. I bought it last Monday and now have four hours on it and will put more on it today as I just installed a hitch kit. I have a 17 cu. ft. dump trailer full of tree pruning limbs that need to be hauled to my neighbors burn pile. He owns 15 acres just behind my house and has cheerfully offered me access to his burn pile any time I care to use it - heck of a good guy.

By the way, the dealer I bought it from didn't urge me to buy the bigger unit, that was my idea. Two hours after I paid for the new mower he delivered it to my home free of charge and proceeded to show me how to use it. Yes, I paid more for it than an internet purchase would have saved me, but when I need the dealer he'll be there...

Anyway, good for you and your new Toro. ZTR's turn mowing into fun and that's a good thing!

P.S. Yesterday, in the back yard, (I have 1-1/2 acres) I gave my wife a ZTR driving lesson (which she excelled at) and now she wants to learn to mow with it. Another "Who'd a thunk it scenario"

So be careful and don't show yours how much fun it is to operate or you may have to get another, cuz at this point that's what I'm considering...

N

need-for-speed

Do NOT buy a Dixie Chopper Iron Eagle!!I it would rear up, dig holes in t he lawn, difficult to set blade height I have been a 25 year customer of the dealer and had bought lots of equipp. Dealer charged me a $ 500.00 " re-stock" fee for the 4 hours I put on this terrible zrt,

Dealer and Corp. could care less!!
Stay away from the Iron Eagle, it is crap. I paid more money and just bought a BobCat from a different dealer. It is a GREAT machine and Worth the Money.

Good to know.
For the record - I've had my Toro now for almost 2 seasons and I still love it. It performs flawlessly and makes mowing FUN.

N

need-for-speed

need-for-speed,

Last week I demo'd a Toro MX4260 (pretty much the same mower as yours with a few exceptions i.e. a welded deck..) and loved it.

Immediately after the demo I walked into the dealers shop and spotted a Toro MX5060 and it was love at first sight. I bought it last Monday and now have four hours on it and will put more on it today as I just installed a hitch kit. I have a 17 cu. ft. dump trailer full of tree pruning limbs that need to be hauled to my neighbors burn pile. He owns 15 acres just behind my house and has cheerfully offered me access to his burn pile any time I care to use it - heck of a good guy.

By the way, the dealer I bought it from didn't urge me to buy the bigger unit, that was my idea. Two hours after I paid for the new mower he delivered it to my home free of charge and proceeded to show me how to use it. Yes, I paid more for it than an internet purchase would have saved me, but when I need the dealer he'll be there...

Anyway, good for you and your new Toro. ZTR's turn mowing into fun and that's a good thing!

P.S. Yesterday, in the back yard, (I have 1-1/2 acres) I gave my wife a ZTR driving lesson (which she excelled at) and now she wants to learn to mow with it. Another "Who'd a thunk it scenario"

So be careful and don't show yours how much fun it is to operate or you may have to get another, cuz at this point that's what I'm considering...

Congratulations Abraham! Sounds like you made the right choice. I'm sure you'll enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine.

Funny thing - my wife mowed all the time in our Sears tractor style mower. We used to trade off on the weedeating. I haven't let her drive the ZTR yet. The downside is I have to do the weedeating everytime now

T

tybilly

Thanks.

i bought the toro ss4260 and i mow 4 lawns every 2 weeks and its held up great

N

need-for-speed

i bought the toro ss4260 and i mow 4 lawns every 2 weeks and its held up great

Glad to hear it! I've had mine a little over a year and it still runs great.