Buying Advice Help Need Riding Mower

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Keep ypur eyes open for a used mower, just picked up a used John Deere 180 46in cut for 300 dollars at a lawn sale and the only thing I had to do to it was install deck bearings. Keep looking they are out there.

Carl in CT

Threads
I think it will be easiest to find a reasonably good, USED, push mower...
& then only cut a small area for your lawn, NOT the 3 acres...
You will be better in the long run, maintaining a lawn size that you can keep up with, than trying to cut a space that you will not be able to knock out in the time (and equipment available).

:smile:KennyV

This is the best idea in my opinion. You have your hands full with your children and God bless you for doing all you can to give your family a nice home and yard but 3 acres is an awful lot. Your time will be better spent with your children instead of stressing out over a huge lawn. Maybe you can mow a few little paths to favorite areas so you can still feel like you have places to walk and explore without having mow everything.

As far as good brands, it's not that important for push mowers as long as you take good care of it. If you do find a way to get a tractor I prefer Simplicity and John Deere or pre-1980 Cub Cadets and older Wheel Horse but those can be expensive even for used ones if they don't need repairs, but you may get lucky if you keep looking. As for cheaper used tractors I guess Craftsman would be a decent choice and there are usually a lot of them available.

Lawnpro1969

Threads
I agree with the one that said John Deere and a zero turn rider is the fastest way to go. But they are expensive sometimes you can get a really good deal at a dealer one used that needs some work done to it. You could put an ad in the local news paper. Look online sometimes there are auctions maybe an estate auction.local lawn care companies that have an old tractor that needs some repairs. If you have a friend in the lawn care business ask them to look around. I have had customers that quit using there tractors started getting me to cut there grass then sold there tractor. I got an old cub cadet last year for $300 it looks great needed the carb rebuilt.I got it to use if I get a field to cut that I don't want to use my new John Deere on. Also you could check out commercial walk behind mowers. With zero turn mowers getting popular the walk behind are not being used much. You can get the from a 36 inch deck up to a 60 inch deck. They also make a thing called a sulky that you stand on to mow so you don't have to walk 3 acres. Also maybe a local church could help some times they will ask for a member to help out some one in the community.

Sent from my iPad using LMF