Heat is here in the deep South

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Not sure how hot it got today but felt like 90's today.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Not sure how hot it got today but felt like 90's today.

Last time I look was about 1:00pm and it was 97 degrees in the shade here.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
We got up to 92 in chattanooga tenn.

sjessen

Threads
Been in the 90's all week in Knoxville. Mix in some high humidity and it will kick your butt until you get acclimated.

Mikel1

Threads
It was 101.4 here at 2:49pm according to my thermometer, that's in the shade. I can barely wait for summer to start, yay.:thumbdown:

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I will take the 100 degree heat and humidity over cold and snow any day

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
I've always wondered why everybody complains about how cold it is in the Winter(and wish it were warmer) and about how hot it is in the Summer(and wish it were cooler:0)
Seems like we just can't be happy with the weather in the area we chose to live in!!
Too bad God didn't design the Earth where it would be 72 degrees world-wide and year round no matter where you are:0)

Of course that is really possible if you just stay inside and set your thermostat at 72 degrees!!!!

Wildcat

Threads
Been in upper 80's to low 90's here in Missouri. Factor in humidity and it feels like 95 plus. Its been bad on the grass too. We just came out of a week where it rained almost everyday and now this heat is killing the grass. Wish mother nature would ease into things instead of plowing head first into summer.

LoCo86

Threads
I've always wondered why everybody complains about how cold it is in the Winter(and wish it were warmer) and about how hot it is in the Summer(and wish it were cooler:0) Seems like we just can't be happy with the weather in the area we chose to live in!! Too bad God didn't design the Earth where it would be 72 degrees world-wide and year round no matter where you are:0) Of course that is really possible if you just stay inside and set your thermostat at 72 degrees!!!!

It's always 72 degrees in Hawaii not humid and always have a nice breeze. Just wish I could be there all the time.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Been in upper 80's to low 90's here in Missouri. Factor in humidity and it feels like 95 plus. Its been bad on the grass too. We just came out of a week where it rained almost everyday and now this heat is killing the grass. Wish mother nature would ease into things instead of plowing head first into summer.

I know what mean about the brass being hurt. We cut some Bahia grass this week that was murder to cut. It rained on it so much that it shot up over night. Then the sun has been so hot on it that it is kind of wilted looking because the top layer of dirt dried out so quick. You literally have to run over it twice to cut it. We changed blades in the middle of the day and that did not help much.